Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - October 2, 2018


Ethan:

Happy 8th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

That’s my news of the day.  Ehlana and I had fun with Mom and Dad this morning before school – from our wake-up call for them that included gifts to open through Tai Chi by the river and beyond a special anniversary breakfast that included a vid-chat with our four favorite collegians.

We had a good day at school, and thanks to more hot weather; we spent extra time outdoors too.  We didn’t have time to play at the lab after school, but did have some play time with our friends before eventually going out to dinner with Mom, Dad, and the rest of their anniversary dinner guests.  That meal was at the Inn; and then Ehlana went home with Naomi; and I’m at Aiden’s again for the night while our parents get another kid-free night.

I know, that’s worked out pretty well for this over the past few days, but they do get sleepover kids a lot; so this is just their turn for a break.

It’s a school night, so staying up too late isn’t an option for Aiden and me, but we do have time for a bit of gaming now; so I’m going to wrap this up, not think about how my parents are celebrating their special day, and have a bit of kid-rated fun before getting some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

It’s always going to be easy for Ethan and I to remember how long they’ve been married; and the ‘belated honeymoon souvenir’ jokes were used liberally today – especially at dinner tonight.

Ethan’s covered the news of the day pretty well; so I’ll only add that Naomi and I are in her room for the night already; and still dealing with Eli because he’s getting moral support for bugging us from Zack as they use ‘high tech spy gear’ to communicate and try to mess with us.  Sometimes, Zack’s choice of ‘public’ personality is really annoying; and this is one of those times.

Naomi and I have some girl chat to get to, though, since there’s lots to talk about with the fall festival coming up next week; and even girls our age have to keep up with the latest news around town and the school; so I need to keep this short and get on with that last bit of fun for the day.

The last thing I want to add before doing that is to mention something from our vid-chat with Cassie.  I told her that I think we’re getting close to a cure for the common cold, and as I thought about that today; I haven’t suggested that in my journals; since I write about the failures and frustrations.  Both sentiments are true, though, and we learn something from every failure that takes us a step closer to the cure.  We really are close to figuring it out, but I’ll also add that ‘close’ can be a relative term in research; so I can’t set a date for that cold-cure victory for you.

Okay, that’s it – and I mean that for this update and the little brother pranks and spying.  Naomi and I have a counter-attack to take care of before the rest of our girl chat; so that’s all I have for tonight.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!