Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - October 13, 2018


Ethan:

We’ve had a busy, fun day; and now Ehlana and I will be going to sleep soon while Mom, Dad, Cassie, and Michael stay up late and work in the office.

Our morning food and fun adventures were more fun with Cassie and Michael; the girls opted for the relative warmth of the pavilions once we got to the park; and the guys went to play at the midway and pretend that we didn’t freeze while doing that until Michael and the Dads bribed Zack and some of the other guys with food worked to get them to take a break from the rides; we watched a show and did some other, warmer activities; and then had lunch from one or more of the food booths after getting together with the rest of our family.

We played all afternoon on the rides and at the game booths; we eventually went home in time to get cleaned up and changed for a family dinner at the Inn.  That meal offered another example of the reality that is Cassie and Michael growing up on us – they were at a ‘grown-up’ table; and Ehlana and I were with the ‘kids’ and helped out with some of our younger cousins too.  It has been great spending time with Cassie and Michael today, but we did have to share them a lot; and their day was filled up with dozens, if not hundreds, of cameo moments with friends and family as everyone wanted to get at least a minute or two with them while they were home.

That has a lot to do with why Mom and Dad are working in the office tonight, and Ehlana and I are not doing that because our parents need to have some alone time with Cassie and Michael; and we didn’t want to get in the way of Cassie doing that – and getting as much of her homework done as possible.  I wish that we could spend more time with her, and we are running out of time because they’ll be heading back to school again tomorrow afternoon, but this will at least help to make the push through to Thanksgiving easier for all of us while we’re apart.

I’ll wait to deal with the missing my big sister thing until tomorrow night.  That’s all of the news for today, though, and I am tired even though it isn’t late; so I’m going to join Silkie and go to sleep.  She’s with me again tonight because Mandy’s with Ehlana again while Cassie’s staying up late, but I’ll likely need to give up an extra night sometime this week to make up for that – including tomorrow night when Ehlana will need the cuddle buddy while missing Cassie too.

Okay, I’m not doing so well with waiting until tomorrow to deal with that, but I am done with this update for tonight; and will be sleeping soon so I really won’t keep my thoughts going in that direction anymore tonight.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

It’s no surprise that Ethan and I are having the same thoughts tonight.

We’ve had such a good day with our family and friends, so that ought to be enough happy to off-set the sad; yet we’re pondering what can’t be instead of enjoying the happy memories.  I’m actually thinking about the ‘why’ for that too, but only because it feels like more than a human nature thing; and has some relationship with what I – we – sense for our future.  What I likely need most is a change of perspective; since the love, joy, and happiness we get to share with everyone we love most is what really matters the most for us – and will be why we’ll be ready to fight for the Ascension of the Light.

That’s getting way-too-serious; so let’s move on.

Naomi and I had fun this morning with the girls, and while we’d already visited all of the pavilions yesterday, it was still entertaining to do it all again with some of our favorite girls – and without the boys.  I’m not picking on them – much, but I can tell you that it is nice to look at the festival displays without the jokes and nonsensical commentary from some of the guys in our class.  We were also happy to wait until it was a bit warmer before going on the rides; and then that was more-fun with Cassie, Michael, and our families too.  Dinner at the Inn was a nice change from too much festival food, and while we missed the evening fun at the festival; we’re seven; and there is only so much fun to be had when age and size limit what you can do there – and it wouldn’t have been as much fun without Cassie and Michael anyway.

I’ve had a soak in my Jacuzzi since coming up to my room; Mandy’s already napping; and I’m ready to join her so I guess that’s all for tonight.  We will get to spend more time at the festival tomorrow, but it’ll be the time we have left with Cassie and Michael that I’ll like the most; and I’m going to focus on enjoying that time together as much as I can before they’ll be going back to school.  For now; I’ll settle for a good night of rest; and then hope for another really good day tomorrow.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!