Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Cassie's Journal - September 1, 2017



It’s been another crazy-busy day, so while a lot has been going on around here for the last Friday of our summer holidays and the first day of September; I’m going to keep this update as brief as possible.

Michael and I worked the breakfast shift at the Inn; he went to his football practice when needed; and I stayed until the end of the rush before going home and getting started on my chores and some bonus family business work.  I went back to the Inn to help with the lunch rush; did more chores after that; and then I had an early dinner before meeting up with Rowen and heading over to the school to get ready for our second football game of the season.

We have two home games in a row to start the season because it was our turn to home field advantage in our annual game against Maple Valley.  The spectator turnout was great; and there’s a good chance that half the people in Maple Valley were here for the evening – along with some campers that came to town and then stopped by to watch the show.

The guys on our team put on quite a show too; which is why I’m not going to go on much about the game.  That just wouldn’t be fair to any future Maple Valley team fans of the future that might read this – and there are a few Magi with close ties to Maple Valley families.  We won by a score of fifty-seven to nineteen; kicked five field goals in the second half; and Michael and Tim scored three touchdowns each in the win – and still put up big passing yards in the second half despite scoring all of those touchdowns in the first half.  It wasn’t really a fair match this year, and while Maple Valley does have some good players; they didn’t have anyone fast-enough to keep up with Michael or Tim tonight.

Our cheerleading was fun; we had bonus junior cheerleaders again tonight – including our visiting cousins; and our second half-time routine of the season was another big hit with the kids and adults – if not so much with the teens because it was so kid-friendly.  Rowen and I are working on new routines that will hopefully help with that; but we’re still going to stick to the plan to make every routine family-friendly.

Speaking of family, we do not have any guests at our house tonight, but we will have some cousins here for at least one night before they head home on Monday.  The rest of the Proctor clan arrived earlier today and Uncle Blaine had a couple of meetings this afternoon while he was here and could talk with some of the contractors and construction workers that continue to build the homes he’s continuing to design.  The Rice family is at home in Woodvale this weekend; mostly because three out of four kids are at college and Dawn is working the weekend at the airport to earn more flying time money.  Ditto that for the McEwans – without the flying-money-work for anyone; but the Johnson clan is here in force; and split up between the Carrington and Ayres’ homes.  Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace have her family with them, so other than one or two sleepovers or a camping night with our cousins; our contributions to the family fun this weekend will be with the food and work.

For me, the work will be starting with a breakfast buffet shift at the Inn; so I need to wrap this up.

I got to spend some time with my family before and after the game – and during it while our junior cheerleaders wanted to play with us.  Michael and I had another, smaller, victory party to attend after the game; and that was again at Tim’s house – though we’ll change that up for the rest of the home games.  This time, Michael and I only stayed until midnight; he walked me home; and I took care of the Magi-powered healing so he wouldn’t be too sore to sleep or in rough shape in the morning.  I’d help Tim with that if it was an option, but it isn’t; so he’ll have to settle for Rowen’s love and support instead! ;^)

Everyone was sleeping at my house by the time we got there; I didn’t wake anyone on my way up to bed after Michael went home; and I only had a bit of family business to deal with that came up during my email.  That works for me, since I really am wiped out now; so let’s wrap this up and I’ll get started on my nap.

In addition to the work at the Inn tomorrow; we have four family ballgames.  I may miss all of Ethan’s and Ehlana’s Championship games while working at the Inn, but I’ll be at my game after lunch; and might catch part of Michael’s game before going on to the Inn for the dinner-to-close shift.  I’m going to miss out on most of the family fun tomorrow, but the Inn is closed on Sunday; so I’ll get to have some fun with everyone then – though I’ll still be busy with things like the teen praise team and cheerleading and kid control during the co-ed Championship game.

That’s all news I can write about as the weekend moves along, and I really do need to get all of the sleep I can to be ready for all of the work and fun; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!