Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Cassie's Journal - September 22, 2017



The ‘feels like’ game-time temperature here in town was in the mid-nineties tonight; and we topped out earlier in the afternoon with another triple-digit number.

I might have had different comments about that tonight, but it occurred to me that we are now half-way through the regular football season, and have had summer-like weather for every game; so I am just going to digitally shut up and be grateful! ;^)

Since it is football night in town, and we did have a home game; let’s start with the news everyone is talking about tonight – our undefeated record at that half-way point of the season!

As I’ve mentioned, the weather was hot and wonderful for a late-September game; and we had a huge turnout – including a big contingent coming to town from Varney to support their team.  That didn’t help their players on the field; but I’m sure it did help after the game to have that support.  I might be making that sound worse than it likely was, but we did win by a score of sixty-one to twenty-six, and as we’ve done all season; Michael and Tim held back in the second half.  Tim had an especially-great game with four touchdowns, but Michael still had two to go along with a lot of yards-gained and huge numbers on defense.  Varney did a good job with the two touchdowns and the field goals that they were able to earn, but with both teams playing a wide-open style; some big, busted plays were to be expected.

At the risk of bragging too much about my boyfriend – none of those busted plays that went Varney’s way happened because of him.  Michael was the one breaking out for big plays – and Tim, obviously, was doing the same on his side of the field.
Football is the top story tonight, but I loved every minute of the cheerleading – not counting the two Varney-fan guys that tried hitting on Rowen and me instead of enjoying the game.  Part of that was funny, though, since Ehlana and Naomi chased them off for us not long after the third quarter started.  For me, the cheerleading highlights were the half-time routine that we choreographed to a Beauty and the Beast music mash-up; and the fun we again got to have with our junior cheerleaders.  Ehlana and Naomi had help from Sophia and others for that, but they took care of the younger cousins – including Brianna and Faith.  They’re a huge hit with our hometown spectators too; so I’m really glad that we’ve been able to work with that so far this season – especially when we only have two regular season home games left to go.

Dad got home in time for the second half of the game, but I haven’t been able to spend much time with him so far.  I was busy at the school until an hour and a half after the game, and while the team party after that was at our house; it was in the back yard; and Mom and Dad only offered a bit of support while leaving it up to Michael and me to host it.  We went with our house because we didn’t want to keep Michael’s parents awake after a long work day when they’d be up early for the breakfast shift.  We wanted access to the river for swimming, though; and we had a campfire instead of just hanging out indoors.  I wouldn’t call that party wild and crazy, but we did have fun; and it was a great way to wind down an awesome day!

Michael and I were two of the early swimmers; we provided most of the campfire music entertainment; and Michael was one of the scary story contributors.  Most of us are working on Saturday, so the party broke up at one; Michael and I had help with the clean-up; and then we saw the last of our guests out before I spent a bit of time saying goodnight to him and helping with a bit of Magi-powered healing.  After he went home, I came up to my room; grabbed a micro-shower; and got ready for bed.  My plan was to go straight off to sleep, but a bit of family business work needed to be handled, so I did that first; and will lose a bit more sleep because of it.

I’m working the breakfast shift with Michael and his parents, since Michael and I are the two most-dependable teens for that early shift, so I’m only going to have time for a nap now; and I’ll likely need to do a bit of self-healing when I get up and ready for that shift.  As of now, I won’t be needed at the Inn for the rest of the day, though; so I’ll be able to take it easy for the rest of the day – not!  The summer-like weather does make fall chores a lot more fun – even as it will drag out the fall clean-up schedule too, but I’ll enjoy that too – and I’ll be glad to have that time with Mom, Dad, and the twins.

A bit of play time this weekend would be good too, but I’ll let you know how that goes.  For now, I just need to crash and nap; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!