Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Cassie's Journal - September 2, 2017



Happy 50th Birthday, Miranda!

This should have been a special day for Michael’s Mom, but that just wasn’t an option on a busy holiday weekend.  We’ll try to help her out with celebrating her big day while the Inn is closed tomorrow, but it won’t be the same; and I wish that we could have done more than just give them a kid free night – which wasn’t tough to do when we only had to find a place for Michael to stay tonight.

That was even easier than it might have been because the cousins collectively set up a camping night for all of us – and a handful of friends; though I might have preferred a sofa sleepover over a camping night with a gang of girls in my tent! ;^)

I’m writing this while switching from work mode to campfire; so I need to keep this short.

Michael and I worked the breakfast shift; Miranda and Jacob went with a buffet for that; and I missed the morning championship baseball games that Ethan’s and Ehlana’s teams both won.  Ethan’s Bakery Blizzard beat Emerson’s Earthquake by a fairly-easy eleven-to-five margin.  Ehlana, Naomi, and the Hair Herons had to battle to the end for their eight-to-seven victory over Green’s Garden Geese.  I was able to congratulate all of my favorite Blizzard and Herons players while on my morning break because I spent that time with them at the park while they celebrated with ice cream treats and played there for the rest of the morning.

After that, I worked the lunch shift for as long as I could; went to my ballgame after that; and Rowen and I led our team to another championship – the last we’ll have for at least a handful of years because we won’t be able to play baseball next summer – or won’t; since we wouldn’t want to leave our team hanging when we’ll be heading to college by mid-August.  I won’t write about the score, since we had a great pitching effort today; so we could have used the mercy rule.  We didn’t do that; but we did coast through the last couple of innings with a bunch of intentional pop-up outs to help speed us through to the end.  While our team celebrated, Rowen and I caught the start of Michael and Tim’s big game, but I had to get back to the Inn in time to help out with the dinner prep work; so I could only cheer them on for their first two at-bats before I needed to get going again.  Landry’s Lasers eventually doubled up on the Solar Farm Photons, but in this case, their twelve-to-six win came thanks to one big inning for the Lasers; and the Photons couldn’t make a comeback happen before they ran out of innings and outs.

The dinner-to-close shift at the Inn was non-stop busy; we had a full house with all dining rooms; and the only reason I’m here now is because Jake and Stephanie insisted that we shouldn’t be stuck working right to the very end of the night – just most of it!  Seriously, Michael and I stayed until most of the work was done; so we only skipped getting the library set up for the self-serve breakfast in the morning and the last bits of clean-up in the kitchen and dining rooms.

I’ve grabbed a quick shower; I’m doing this while getting my hair dried and dressed for a campfire and camping adventure; and I need to get out to the campfire that has already been going on for more than an hour already.

Sunday is going to be my only ‘holiday’ of the weekend, but the fun really starts now for me; so I’m going to get to that – and you can flip the digital page to find out what happens between now and my next update!

It’s been a long, busy day filled with a lot of work, but we also won four championship games for our family today, and my family has had an awesome day while I’ve mostly been busy with work; so I’m glad that they’ve been able to do that while I’ve been busy.

Before I wrap this up, though, I should add that Miranda did have a lot of birthday love sent her way today, so while taking the day or weekend off to celebrate wasn’t an option; her friends and family did what they could to make her day as good as possible while working fourteen or fifteen hours.

Okay, I need to get out to the family and friends fun now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!