Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, July 8, 2016

Cassie's Journal - July 7, 2016



We had more rain and thunderstorms to deal with this morning, but that only affected our Tai Chi workout and early-morning play time while we waited for everything to dry before we could do things like play at the park.

Starting out the day with an indoor workout wasn’t as much fun, but we had bonus fun with the extra kids and teens at breakfast while we also watched the last bits of rain from the comfort of the sunroom.  Since we couldn’t just run out and play, we took our time with getting ready for the day; I helped Mom with the morning chores; and then eventually headed out to play for the day.  Dawn, Jillian, Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Kara all helped with taking care of the gang of younger kids we had with us, and while I’m thinking about them; I should probably mention that Dawn and Jillian are getting a lot of attention around here from the appropriately-aged guys here – even though they’re not available for summer vacation dating this year due to having current boyfriends back at home.  That’s true for some of the guys here too – including their favorite guys from two summers ago – Tommy Reynolds and Julian Sparks.  I’ll go ahead and lamely mention that I’m sensing continuing sparks flying between Jillian and Julian the couple of times we’ve seen him so far this week; but he’s currently dating too and isn’t the kind of guy to mess up by running around and flirting with other girls.

That’s gotten a bit off-track; so let’s get back to the report.  Michael was working today again, so I only spent time with him on his breaks – and he didn’t come over after work because he stayed until close and then will be back there again for the breakfast shift.  The early rain and wet kept us from doing any major fun adventures today or a camping night again either due to the risk of more storms tonight; but we did still have fun – even if that was mostly more of the same as the past couple of days with park play, swimming, canoeing, and some biking in the afternoon.  It was hot and humid again by this afternoon too; so there were bonus breaks for ice cream and an afternoon nap for a few of the youngest kids.

While we didn’t want to risk having the kids outdoors if there are any storms overnight, it was nice-enough out for a campfire tonight; so we did that for a couple of hours instead of another movie and gaming night.  We started that a bit early; wrapped it up by ten-thirty; and then we headed in and up to bed with time for a girl chat before Dawn, Jillian, and I took care of getting Ehlana, Naomi, Leah, and Robyn tucked in for the night in Ehlana’s room.  The two younger girls had felt left out when the older Johnson cousins were getting to do extra sleepovers; so Ehlana fixed that by inviting them to spend the night with her and Naomi – and earned a lot of bonus points for that with Leah and Robyn.

I came back up to my room after that and got ready for bed; met up with Dawn and Jillian in the lounge; and we ended up watching a movie together while winding down from a busy, toddler-rated play day.  They texted with their boyfriends quite a bit while we did that too, and we had a bonus bedtime chat with Violet when she checked in with us after getting home from some hang-out time with Dillon’s family.

All of that meant that I didn’t get started on my family business work until a bit after one o’clock, and since I was too tired for time phasing; I worked in ‘real’ time to get that – and the rest of my usual bedtime computing – finished.  That’s made for a late night, but I’m ready to take the weekend off now; and we have a very important day ahead of us tomorrow – Brianna’s first birthday!

I’m going to need to keep up with all of the fun and work that’s going to be part of her big day, and if the weather cooperates; we’ll do a camping night too.  That won’t be decided until sometime tomorrow, but I’m hoping we’ll get to do that – especially for the cousins that are only here until Sunday and haven’t gotten to have as much fun as we normally try to do with them so far this year.  We do have plans for Saturday too, though, so that’s another reason for me to get what sleep I can now – even though I’ll need to do a bit of self-healing to make up for the lack of sleep too when I get up in a couple of hours or so.

The play time with my brother, sister, cousins, and friends is worth the extra effort; and I’m going to keep focusing on that as much as I can over the next week and a few days – except for when I need to be at the Inn to help out there too.  Now I’m just dragging this out for no real reason, though, and I really am past-ready to be in nap mode; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!