Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cassie's Journal - July 17, 2016



This update is coming to you mid-afternoon on Sunday because I’m multi-tasking a computer check while grabbing a shower before heading back to the Inn for the buffet-shift-to-close part of my work day.  The reason I’m doing it now is because I’m already getting tired; won’t have much of anything newsworthy to report after I get home tonight; and crashing into exhaustion is the most-likely scenario that I’m seeing for my post-work late evening.

Today started with Tai Chi by the river; Michael gave up his gourmet family breakfast to have breakfast with me – and a last visit with Dawn and Jillian before they headed home after church.

That was fun, and then we had to rush around to get the clean-up done; take turns getting ready for the day; and then get Dawn and Jillian’s things packed into Violet’s car while Dad’s truck got loaded with all of his luggage and work for a week in the city before he went over to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house to get all of the luggage for Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Jayden.  While he did that; the rest of us walked or drove to church; we all eventually sat together during the service; and most of the cousins went to Sunday school with us – or with local friends their own age.  All of that was fun, but when it was time for the goodbyes after the service; Michael and I had to do that fast and then get to the Inn to help with getting ready for the lunch rush.

I haven’t heard how the trips home are going for my cousins, but can tell you that the plan was to meet up at our favorite Mall; Dad, Violet, and Dillon were going to have lunch with the Rice and Proctor parents; and then Violet and Dillon were going to spend the afternoon with Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa before heading home while Dad went to check into his hotel and spend the rest of the day working.  Mom stayed home to work, but Ethan and Ehlana ended up going to hang out with Naomi and Aiden; and have approval for sleepovers with their best friends.  I’m sure they’d been having more fun that I have been at work.  The dining rooms were packed for lunch; and Michael and I aren’t getting much of a break compared to normal before we need to be back at the Inn to get started on the prep work for what Miranda expects will be another full house for both buffets.

Yes, that is part of the plan for the expansion that will be done in time for the summer holiday season next year; but we’re a bit ahead of schedule for the busy without being up-to-speed on the staff.

Since that is why I’m expecting to be wiped out by whatever time we can get around to closing the Inn; I guess that I shouldn’t mind the extra effort – especially when it’s all really good news for Michael’s family.  I do need to get going soon, though, and still need to get my hair dried once I’m out of the shower; so it’s time to wrap this up.

With Dad in the city, the only plans we have for Monday is house and yard chores after too much fun with our family and friends.  I’ll help Mom with that as much as she needs me to, since Michael will likely be doing chores all day at home too; but then maybe we’ll see about having some teen-rated fun without a gang of kids to entertain.

Now that’s a fun thought to head off to sleep with!  Too bad I have to finish getting ready and get back to what is sure to be a grueling, hot shift in the kitchen.  Daydreaming about that isn’t an option either; since we do work with sharp knives and other equipment that requires your complete attention; but I’m just wandering along now; and don’t need to waste your time with my tired-out musings.

I won’t rank this as a best-ever kind of day, but I’m due to put in the work, and need to get to that now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!