Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Cassie's Journal - July 29, 2016



We’re rolling into the last weekend of July; and I’ve had a very busy day filled with a lot of work; with a bit of fun tossed in here and there to keep the day from being complete drudgery.

Okay, that’s too strong a word, since I do try to have fun with the work too, but all of the work does catch up to me now and then; and that’s happened tonight – which is why I’m writing this now instead of staying up even later and hanging out with Michael, Tim, and Rowen.  We’re camping by the river tonight, and we have four junior campers with us; so there isn’t any co-ed camping happening tonight – even though Naomi continues to find it funny to try and ‘sneak’ into Ethan’s sleeping bag and then getting ‘caught’ by us and moved back into the girls’ tent again with Ehlana.  What’s really funny there is that she’d stay with Ethan if we didn’t catch her, and while that’s adorable; we should probably hold off on letting them do that for at least another year or six – though I wouldn’t dream of setting a specific age on co-ed sleepovers for them that could be used against me with future family jokes! ;^)

Let’s back up and cover the news from the start of my day.  Tai Chi by the river at sunrise was fun; and we had bonus exercise buddies because the Carringtons joined us today; Brianna had me exercise with her because my usual exercise buddy was working the breakfast shift at the Inn; and then we all had breakfast together.  That made for a fun start to the day, but then it was time for me to get to work – starting with mowing the lawn to get ahead on the weekend chores.  I had time to do that after helping Mom with the breakfast clean-up; and then I needed to get cleaned up a bit before heading over to the school to unload the truck with the fruit and vegetable boxes order for this month.  We didn’t have as many sales this time as we’d had the last two months, but that was entirely due to the lack of bonus orders from holiday weekend visitors or travelers; and was expected.

We did still have hundreds of boxes to unload, though; and then we were also loading cars, vans, and trucks with the band member individual orders as they stopped in to get them – and then do their deliveries.  We also had a large van to load for the Maple Valley student orders that two of their students arranged and took care of this month; and I ended up spending a fair bit of the afternoon at the school – especially when Michael took a shift helping out during his afternoon break from the Inn.  While working with Michael was fun, it meant not having any down time for him; and I headed home a bit early so that I could grab a shower and get ready for my own dinner-to-close shift at the Inn.  We ended up meeting there by the time I was ready and he got away from the school; and then we got to work and kept busy for the next five hours or so.

That blast of busy was more work and less fun; I missed out on most of the Friday night family dinner and play fun; and Michael and I were already well on the way to being exhausted by the time we were set free from the Inn and came home to join the campfire already in progress.  Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden had set up the camping night, and recruited Rowen and Tim to help them with setting up the tents and joining us for the fun tonight; so that had been a fun addition to our day – even though that didn’t include any Michael and me alone time.  I can’t say the same for Rowen and Tim, since they’re still hanging out together somewhere as I’m writing this; and likely having a lot more fun with some outdoors make-out time.  Michael’s been awake since an hour or more before dawn, though, and my day didn’t start much later than that; so we were okay with crawling into our tents instead of staying up and talking with Rowen and Tim for another hour or two – and they were okay with going off to find something else to do to stay entertained until they’re ready to sleep too.

I’ve gotten ahead of the story and skipped the campfire; so let’s back up and cover that before wrapping this up.  The family and friends dinner and play night was partly because Grandma and Grandpa are heading out on their summer work and play trip tomorrow, and while I missed out on most of that; they did stay long-enough after Michael and I got to the campfire for a visit with us before heading home to get some sleep.  They’ll be on the road to the airport early; and away for the next four weeks.  This is another example of what I miss out on with the too-busy that is my life these days; since I’ve basically had no involvement in that part of my grandparents’ lives – while it’s been a big part of theirs while getting ready to spend a month on the road and away from their house.

My visit with them was short, but then that’s true for nearly everyone else at the campfire too; since they started heading for home when Grandma and Grandpa did.  Michael and I did get to spend a bit of time with our parents, Jake, Stephanie, Rebecca, Violet, and Dillon, though; and then we only had Rowen, Tim, and our four junior campers for the last half-hour or so of the campfire before Michael and Tim took care of putting it out while Rowen and I helped the kids to get ready for bed.  WE had all of that finished by a bit after midnight; Michael and I sat on the benches by the river with Rowen and Tim and talked for a half hour or so; and then we were ready to call it a night while Rowen and Tim went for a walk.  I’ll guess they’re at the park and making out somewhere – unless there are too many other teen couples there trying to do the same thing; but let’s not go there or I might be too tempted to sneak into Michael’s tent and climb into his sleeping bag with him – even with his two junior campers there with him! ;^)

That’s a fun thought; but isn’t going to happen.  Instead of going on about that, though; let’s cover a bit of college teen news and then call it a night.  While we still have between two and five weeks to go before most of our collegians head off to school, Kyle and Carolyn Landry are both at their college by now; and they’ll be getting right into their respective training camps.  That’s football camp for Kyle; and a more general sports camp for Carolyn; since she’s planning on playing multiple sports – if she can make the teams for every sport she wants to play while she’s there.

Just as a side note, I have actually thought about doing college sports before, and while that might be amazing, I don’t want to get that kind of attention; and my education has to come first – especially when I want to earn my PhD in five years.  That’s news for another time, and I really am too tired to go there tonight; so let’s wrap this up so that I can get some sleep.

I’m mostly mentioning Carolyn’s departure for college because we won’t have her on our team for the last two games of our season – and possibly not for the championship game if we earn a spot for that game – and she makes one of the college teams she’ll be trying out for over the next few weeks.  It’s also a reminder that we’re quickly running out of time before Violet, Dillon, Jake, Stephanie, Christina, and Josiah will all head back to college again; and then we’ll be counting down to our return to school in September too.

We’re only half-way through the summer, and I really don’t want to go there either tonight.  Getting some sleep is my immediate priority, and I’ll be okay if there are some happy dreams waiting for me there with Michael in a starring role; since we can’t be cuddling together instead.  Maybe we’ll see about a teen camping night for tomorrow night so that we can do that – or maybe we can have a sofa sleepover if that won’t work.  I’ll keep you posted on that with the next update, but that’s all for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!