Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, July 1, 2016

Cassie's Journal - July 1, 2016



This has felt like a strange start to my holiday weekend because I’ve spent more time dealing with the marching band fundraisers than anything else.  Since school is out, we received the fruit and vegetable boxes delivery this morning; and I was on the crew unloading the truck.  Then I was busy helping with taking the load to Maple Valley; since it was our turn to do that for our Maple Valley friends.  Rowen was with me for that trip, and her Mom did the driving, and since we were still in Maple Valley at noon; we had lunch there before heading home again.

I had to do my own deliveries after that, and Mom helped me out with that while Ethan and Ehlana played at the lab.  For the record, I actually did the driving; but that was really only for show and because I haven’t done much driving at all since getting my learner’s license.  That work needed to be done early because some of my orders were for families taking the boxes with them for holiday weekend trips to visit family – including Violet and Dillon.  The Rice clan is in Woodvale this year for the holiday; but they were nice enough to order six boxes from me – with four of them for friends.  I won’t bore you with the details, but those deliveries kept us busy for a while; and then I needed to get back to the school to help with the rest of the pick-ups until I then needed to move on and take a turn at the snack booth we’re running at the park again this weekend.

I’m not going to be able to help with the booth much on Saturday or Sunday; so I took shifts for tonight and Monday.  That’s going to mean more work this weekend by far than play time; since I’m booked for a lot of hours at the Inn too, but that’s the way it has to be again this weekend; and I’d rather spend the time with Michael now that he’ll be working hard every holiday weekend anyway.

I missed dinner, but Mom had food sent over for me; and she hosted a family barbeque dinner for everyone here at home and any early arrivals.  We don’t have weekend guests, and don’t even have any of the cousins here with us tonight; but we will have our cousins taking turns for sleepovers – and we’ll spend lots of time with them over the next week or two for the kids and teens staying with us for the next two weeks.  That’s news for later in the weekend and next week, though; so let’s stick with the news from today.

The park was busy with kids – especially once visiting kids began arriving in town and coming to the park to play with cousins and friends.  Our booth was busy; so our fundraising is off to a great start so far this weekend.  We might need that a lot, since it’s looking pretty bad for the weather on Saturday and Sunday; but we’ll see how that goes.  I worked the booth until it closed at nine o’clock; but didn’t have to stay to pack up the food because other volunteers and parents were in charge of that.  I went to the Inn once I was done to check in with Michael; and then ended up staying to help so he could get done and out of there for the night.  We came back to my house; had a bedtime chat with mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana; and then we came up to the lounge for a bit of wind-down time.

A sofa sleepover was very tempting, but Michael and I are both working the breakfast buffet; so he went home at eleven-thirty instead of staying.  I saw him out; got ready for bed fast; and then have been using a time phase to get a bit of work and the rest of my bedtime computing done as quickly as possible.  I might not be sleeping by midnight, but I’ll be well on my way there by then if I just wrap this up; so let’s do that.

My shifts tomorrow are for the breakfast buffet and the dinner shift; with the rest of the day off to hang out with my family because I can’t do that on Sunday.  The rain might mess with that; but I’ll keep you posted.  I missed all of the incoming family fun today, but while I’ve mentioned that Violet and Dillon are going to be in Woodvale this weekend; I should add that Josiah and Christina are staying here and working.  The McEwans aren’t coming here, but the rest of the Johnson clan is here; and the Proctors are all here too.  Uncle Blaine, Aunt Alison, and the kids are with Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace; and Grandpa Duncan and Grandma Mercy are spending the weekend with my grandparents.  With Violet and Dillon gone, it’s a bit quiet here tonight, but don’t take that the wrong way – I’m not suggesting that they’re loud and crazy neighbors up here on the third floor! ;^)

That’s a train of thought I don’t really need to follow when I’ve so recently agreed to not having a sofa sleepover.  I also really do need to get to sleep now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!