Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cassie's Journal - July 16, 2016



I didn’t get as much nap time as I’d hoped thanks to Brianna’s wake-up call at around three-thirty, and while that meant not having much sleep at all; the quiet play and cuddle time with her was one of those remember forever moments that make me glad that I do have such a great memory!

Sunrise Tai Chi was as much fun because of Brianna again too, and while she won’t be able to actually even really pretend to exercise with us for another year or two; I have a feeling that the indoor workouts at the Carrington house are going to get very entertaining this winter.

For those of you taking that thought about indoor Tai Chi, interesting workouts, and my aunt and uncle in a totally different direction – cut it out! ;^)

When the weather continued to hold for us this morning and looked good for the rest of the day except for a risk of a storm this evening, the winning vote for the cousins was one last blast of fun at Quarry Lake.  That’s why we ran around like crazy getting ready for that outing after breakfast; Mom and Aunt Leanne rounded up the drivers and volunteer helpers; and then we caravanned out to the campground and got there not long after it opened to the general public for the day.  We rented some bikes; had a near-repeat of the fun from last weekend without the birthday party or grandpa breaking his arm events; and generally had a really great day together!  I’m not going to drag that out; since it really was just more of the same kind of fun, but I did love spending a lot of time with Dawn and Jillian; Jaimie and Kaitlyn; and the rest of our families.  Michael and Rebecca got a ride out with Jake and Stephanie when they all took an extended break together, and while they were heading back earlier than I needed to; I got a ride back to town with them so that I could grab a shower and have a little break before going on to my ballgame.  Rowen and Tim did not come out to the lake with us; but that was because they were needed at the store and shop today instead.

I was ready for my game by the time the first Quarry Lakers returned to town, so I helped out with unloading the van and truck; but didn’t go on to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s from there because I wanted to get to the school early-enough for some warm-up time after a too-long break without practices.  That made Carolyn happy because she was doing the same thing and had a couple of other team mates with her for that; but most of our friends didn’t join us until about fifteen minutes before the game because they were all busy with work or other plans.  That included Rowen and Rebecca; with Rebecca coming from the Inn after helping out with the prep work for dinner.

Let’s not drag out the baseball recap either, since it wasn’t a really competitive game; and it turned out that Carolyn had nothing to worry about due to the lack of practice.  We were up against the Comets again this week because we’re still a game behind until we can get the game we missed on the holiday weekend re-booked.  To make a long game story short; we took an early lead; kept growing it over the first four innings; and then coasted to an easy twenty-to-eight win that could have been mercy-rule worthy if we hadn’t let up for the last three innings and done a few other things to keep entertained – like rotate positions and give other players a chance to do things in the game they wouldn’t normally do – like pitch to a few batters.

No, I wasn’t one of the pitchers, but then I don’t do that on purpose when it would be too easy for me to let my natural competitiveness get the best of me.  I wouldn’t need to throw pitches at two hundred miles an hour or more to strike out batters when my math-coordination skills could do that at much slower pitch speeds.

I digress with that, so let’s get back to the story.  I had a snack before going to the game, so after it was over; I went on to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house to catch the tail-end of the evening fun there – and let Aunt Leanne feed me some leftovers from the family barbeque that I’d missed while playing ball.  I went for a hop in the river too; and then had time for a round of cameo visits before the party broke up and our families headed home to their own houses for the night.  The cousins were split up for last visits with specific aunts, uncles, and cousins; so we only have Dawn and Jillian here tonight – and mostly so that they could spend these last few hours of the day with Violet and Dillon.  Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Jayden are with Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace tonight; and Kara and Eddie ended up with Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah.

Once we were home, I needed to hit the shower again; and wasn’t the only teen in the house feeling the need for that – or some tub time.  Since the latter meant borrowing my Jacuzzi; Dawn and Jillian took turns doing that after I was finished my quick shower; and then we hung out in the lounge with Violet, Dillon, Ethan, and Ehlana to mostly chat and not watch movies while the tub time rotation rolled along – including baths for the twins and showers for Violet and Dillon.  That was occasionally a bit amusing, but not too weird for any of us; and we had a lot of fun hanging out together while Mom and Dad worked in the office.  He’ll be in the city next week, and while he’ll have some more time to work from his hotel tomorrow after doing the meet and kid swap with the Rice and Proctor parents; he’s running a bit behind on getting ready for the trip.

I’d suggest having Mom going along to help with a bit of time phasing; but after two weeks with gangs of kids around; she’d likely just end up distracting Dad and making this, um, tougher for him to get his work done on time. ;^)

Yes, that was my fault; but try not to have too much fun with that train of thought!

Moving along, Ethan and Ehlana went to bed at eleven o’clock; Dillon went to his room not long after that; and Violet, Dawn, Jillian, and I wrapped up our day with about a half-hour of girl chat time before we decided to turn in too.  I would have been okay with going to sleep them, but had work to do on my computer first; with most of that having to do with current events in Turkey and neighboring region.  Check over at the current events archive for reference to the failed coup attempt in Turkey, since I don’t want to get into that here; but I do have some family business interests at risk there because of the problems; so I did what I could to protect our companies – and in particular, the people working at those places.  That can be a tricky thing to do in countries with some serious problems like Turkey has, but I’ll also mention that Mom’s computer systems are secure; and we’ll never need to worry about anything we do being a problem for anyone in other countries solely due to where we’re from – because none of them know the answer to that.

I’m getting off-track again; and that’s a story for Mom to tell through her tech archive anyway; so I won’t go there either.  I will report that I worked for nearly three hours after Dawn, Jillian, and Violet left my room; and now I’m pretty much ready to crash and nap for the bit of time I can do that.  After most of the past two weeks off, and since my cousins will hit the road right after church tomorrow; I’m booked to work the Inn for the full lunch-to-close shift.  The good news after that is that Michael has his two days off; and sleeping in on Monday morning will be an option if I really need it after a few days without much sleep.

That’s something I won’t be able to let you know about until Monday night, and too far away from right now to even be a blip on my fuzzy mental radar.  It’s been great to have our cousins here, but I’m ready to get back to something closer to normal for a while too.  Let’s start that out with some normal nap time, and that isn’t something I can multi-task with my computing; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!