Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Cassie's Journal - July 2, 2016



The first full day of our holiday weekend did not go at all as planned thanks to a very rainy, wet day.

All ball games were cancelled; the booths at the park did not open at all; and our new bike and canoe rental business didn’t have any customers at all.  Our family plans for the day were all messed up.  There were no trail rides; play time at the park; or any outdoor meals.  There was definitely no campfire.  The families didn’t even get together as an entire group to do much; though there was one shopping foray that ended early when getting wet between stores just wasn’t any fun.

The rain totally changed up my day too.  I worked the breakfast buffet as planned; ended up spending most of the day at the Inn – even when Michael and I were on our breaks; and I worked the lunch and dinner-to-close shifts too because the Inn was busy all day with campers coming into town for the day when being at campsites and stuck in tents or trailers just wasn’t any fun either.  We had one break in the rain in the afternoon for a couple of hours, but everything was soaked; and didn’t come close to drying up before the rain started coming down again.

We’re having a girls’ night sleepover on the third floor tonight with all of the Johnson and Proctor girls; so I didn’t get to hang out with Michael after work.  I’ve also missed most of the fun around here, since we were late getting out of the Inn; and I’m multi-tasking this while getting cleaned up and ready for bed in my bathroom.  That’s mostly because I fully expect to fall asleep shortly after settling in to watch the next movie that the girls are waiting for me to start; so there’s no chance I’ll be doing any computer work later after the other girls go to sleep.  Rowen isn’t here for the fun, but Naomi is; and Ethan is hanging out with Jayden tonight at Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark’s house.

Having a gang here for breakfast in the morning is going to be crazy-busy – especially since I’ll need to be at the church early to get ready for the service.  We won’t be having that in the park this year because the rain isn’t forecast to stop until maybe as late as sometime overnight on Sunday.  We will get to see how well the expanded sanctuary helps with the extra guests for a summer holiday, though; and I’m sure we’ll still have an amazing time even without the bonus great outdoors time.

I’m nearly ready for bed, though, and the girls are waiting for me; so it’s time to wrap this up.  This hasn’t been a remember-forever kind of day for this holiday, and day two isn’t looking great either; but then I was already booked for a full shift at the Inn anyway so the rain won’t matter much for me.  I do wish that we were going to have better weather for my family, but they’ll manage to have fun anyway.  I’ll keep you posted on that, but I have a bit of fun to get to right now – at least until I crash and fall asleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!