Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Cassie's Journal - July 18, 2016



First up for today’s report requires backing up to last night after we finished work at the Inn.

That isn’t because anything particularly exciting happened; though it might have – if I hadn’t simply fallen asleep on Michael – and on one of the sofas in the living room at his house.  Suggesting that there might have been some excitement if I’d stayed awake isn’t really fair either, since we’d have both seriously needed to take showers and get cleaned up and changed first before we’d have been interested in any of that kind of fun – not that we had that much energy left in us after such a long, tough shift at the Inn.

Just in case you think I’m joking about that, I’m not; and I even went and had a shower before Tai Chi by the river because I didn’t want to either offend my family – or need to exercise downwind from them.

That reality did allow Michael and I to legitimately claim a truly accidental sofa sleepover; since we really hadn’t wanted to do more than have a short goodnight cuddle before I went home and hopped in my Jacuzzi last night.  I can’t even report that it was fun having that sleepover with Michael, since I don’t remember anything from the moment I closed my eyes until I woke up shortly before dawn; and I felt too gross to want to share any quality time with Michael after that – at least until after I’d had a shower and put on clean clothes!  Some alone time after that would have been nice; but didn’t happen because we had our Tai Chi by the river with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; I had breakfast with his family; and then we had to split up and help out with chores at our own houses for most of the day.

For me, that meant helping Mom with a major house cleaning now that the cousins are gone; including a top-to-bottom cleaning of every guest bedroom; the mounds of laundry that went along with that and the aftermath from the weekend.  Add in some lawn and garden chores; and I was on the go all day except for some swim breaks and a lunch that Mom, the twins, and I had out by the river despite the extreme heat because we’d mostly been cooped up in the house to that point for most of the morning.  The work was far from exciting, but I’m glad that I could help Mom; and was overdue for putting in time helping out with more than kid control for a day.

We did get finished by late afternoon, so Michael and I went for a bike ride on the trails at the park; we had dinner at my house mostly because Jake and Stephanie were having Violet, Dillon, and a few other friends over for dinner and the evening on one of their days off; and then we had a quiet night in the lounge after a bit of park play time with the twins right after dinner.  The movie pick was Ethan’s this time; we watched a lot of stuff get blown up while the heroes fought the bad guys for an hour and a half or so; and then we had a bit of wind down chat time until Michael and I took care of getting the twins tucked into their beds for the night.  We then went outside and hopped into the river for a bedtime, moonlight swim; followed that up with some cuddle time while drying off on one of the riverside benches; and then Michael went home at a bit after eleven so that I could come up to bed and get started on my work and bedtime computing.

Violet and Dillon were home by then because they are working in the morning; but I only had a short chat with Violet before they went off to bed and I got to work once I was changed and in my own bed with Mandy cuddling next to me while I got to work.  With everyone else in bed by then too; I was able to use a time phase to speed up that work; but it’s still taken me a while to get everything done; and it’s heading toward one-thirty now.

I need to get some sleep because Michael and I are planning on a play day for his second day off; and I don’t want to be too tired by tomorrow night for some quality alone time with him that might include a sofa sleepover or co-ed camping adventure – if we’re lucky!  I’ll have to go out and live the day before being able to let you know how that goes, so while you might just flip the digital page in my future to find that out; I’ll wrap this up and get started on that nap time now.

I can’t rank this day very high on the fun scale, but getting the work out of the way is making time for the play day ahead; so that will hopefully be worth the effort!  Maybe I’ll do a bit of dreaming about that next, or just be out for the count until morning, but either way, I’m ready to go there right now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!