Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Cassie's Journal - February 29, 2016



I generally have a lot of love for Mother Nature, and we’ve had another beautiful day around here; but I have to file one minor complaint.  Do you really need to send us these temperature extremes?  Yes, we love it when it’s in the seventies in February; but it was also freezing here this morning; and will be again overnight.  A forty-plus degree drop and rise and drop is a bit much – not to mention that we went from needing wither jackets and gloves this morning to t-shirt weather by the time we were done school for the day!

Having said that, I don’t want anyone blaming me for the cooler day that’s in the forecast for tomorrow; since that was already in place before I started writing this update.  It is still winter, folks; and it’s these warm days that are the anomaly – not the cold days.

Tai Chi was indoors today; Michael went home for breakfast; and I helped out with the work on both sides of our morning meal in addition to getting ready for school.  The last school day of February wasn’t anything particularly memorable despite it being a leap year; though some of our teachers did try to have some fun with it.  I’d have preferred that the school declare a holiday when the twenty-ninth falls on a week day, since it really is an extra day for the school calendar, but that didn’t happen; and we managed to have a pretty good day – for a Monday.

The rest of my day felt a lot like Monday did last week.  I went home with Michael; we did our homework at his house; had dinner with his parents and sister; and then went to our marching band meeting with our Moms after dinner.  With our first marching band practice scheduled for the first week of April, we’re really humming along with the prep work, and while the parents and volunteers are doing most of that work; I’m going to be busier over the next month with that too.  We will be ready on-time, though; and I’m going to do everything I can to make sure that all of our fundraisers meet or beat our goals so that this trip gets paid for – and that includes meeting financial goals that we’ll need to hit every month or risk having the trip cancelled.  The school is not going to let us get behind when we need to raise so much money – and as I’ve mentioned before; it is a lot of money for a small town school.

While the meeting was one of the most important parts of my day, it was the music time with Michael after we went back to his place that was the most fun for me.  Okay, I’m saying that because we had a minor make-out session to go along with the music; but singing and playing together is really awesome too.  I only stayed at Michael’s for an hour before heading home again; and the only reason that I haven’t messed up my bedtime schedule tonight is because I used a time phase to get my work and studying done.  For the studying, while I’m not quite as satisfied with my language mastery as usual this time; I’m still going to move on to my next language tomorrow as planned.  I’m being a bit too picky about that, since I have become fluent in Romanian; and it’s really just learning more of the nuances that I haven’t done – and is really a matter of getting more real-time practice and experience through reading or listening to the language in use.  I can always pick that up later – and I’m sure that I will.

As I mentioned, time phasing allowed me to get everything done, but that is still cheating; since it isn’t allowing me to rest up when I’m burning the extra power to do that.  It’s also why I’m more tired than I should be; and I’m going to wrap this up now and get some sleep.  Tomorrow will be another busy day with band and praise team practices, so I don’t expect to do any better with getting everything done without a bit more Magi-powered cheating; but I will try to make up for that on Wednesday if I can manage that.

For now, though, that’s all I have, and I really am ready to crash now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!