Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Cassie's Journal - February 9, 2016



We’ve had a seriously crazy-busy day around here; which is why I’m going to keep this report short – because I’m totally wiped out!

It’s Shrove Tuesday; so my day started out with Tai Chi and a pancake breakfast.  The Olde Bakery sold Paczkis, and we were able to buy them for lunch at the school; so that was awesome too.  I totally skipped writing about football yesterday, and I’m only mentioning it today because the guys started moving on from football today; and I’m very glad for the break – even if that just means that they’ll move on to other sports like basketball as March Madness approaches.  The busy in my life kicked up a few notches after school with band practice; and then Michael and I went from there to the Inn to help out with the dinner rush that included a lot of customers coming in to enjoy the extra dinner options that included a partial breakfast buffet for everyone interested in having more pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, and the rest for their dinner meal.

We could only stay to help with that until we needed to be at the church for our teen praise team practice, and we spent extra time with that while getting ready for a Valentine’s Day Sunday service and continuing to work on our Easter music.  Michael and I still needed to do our homework after that; we did that at his house; and practiced the duet we’re doing for the seniors’ Valentine’s Day party on Friday afternoon.  All of that work and play was fun, but it also meant that I didn’t even get home until after eleven o’clock; and then it was past-midnight by the time I finished my Magi lesson with Mom and a bedtime Paczkis snack that I split with Dad because the last thing I needed by then was to eat another one of those triple-sized pastries.

Ethan and Ehlana had been in bed already by the time I got home after having a busy day playing at the lab, so I stopped in on my way up to bed for some goodnight kisses with them that they didn’t wake up for; I got changed and into bed with Mandy and my computer; and got to work.  That was three and a half hours or so ago; most of my time was spent on the family business; and now it’s time to get started on my nap.  It’s a good thing that tomorrow is a work day because I seriously need to have an early night to catch up on my rest and re-charge.

I’ll let you know how that goes for me – or if it doesn’t.  Finding out the answer for that is as easy as flipping a digital page for you reading this in my future, but I’ll need to live those experiences first; so let’s get started on that with what sleep I can get before morning.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!