Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Cassie's Journal - February 12, 2016



We’ve had quite a day around here!

Love was in the air everywhere; and Valentine’s Day fun was part of the program for kids, teens, and seniors – even if the adults with jobs had to settle for a fairly normal day – unless they were volunteering for any of the fun at school, KidZone, or the church.

The one, minor downside of being in the band today was that we missed out on some of the themed fun in our afternoon classes; but then our play time with our friends and quite a few of our favorite seniors was really great too.  There wasn’t anything major going on at home this morning – except that Mom, Ehlana, and I spent a bit more time getting ready for the day and looking appropriately festive in reds and pinks.  There was some themed fun in our morning classes too, but we didn’t get to have the same kind of Valentine’s Day fun as the younger kids did today.  I did have Valentine’s Day treats to hand out to my classmates and friends at lunchtime; but I had to leave them with Jenny to hand out for me because Michael, Rowen, and I had already been busy by then helping out with the set-up for the senior’s party in the church fellowship hall.

Playing oldies music for a bunch of old folks wouldn’t likely be on the fun list for a lot of teens these days, but I really love it; and my highlight of the afternoon was the duet that Michael and I did as one of the ‘spotlight’ songs.  While we’ve always picked oldies for that so far too; we went with ‘What are Words’ because we watched a version of it on YouTube last year that we’d loved a lot and added to our own repertoire.  Our audience loved our version of it; and we thought the song was especially appropriate for couples that proved every day that promises do mean something; and can be kept for life.  Here’s that song we heard on YouTube that we based ours on; and my wish for all of the Valentines out there in the near or distant future reading this is that they get to find and experience that kind of love – just as I know that I’ll have with Michael!


I’m listening to that song again as I’m writing this; and having the same thoughts that I always do from the first time I heard it.  First, I really am so blessed to be a part of this family and community; and doubly-so for finding someone as special as Michael to love and love me back.  That might sound ridiculous to some Magi reading this in the future coming from a fifteen-year old kid, but don’t forget that Mom and I thought that we were the last Magi of the Light until I was nine; so I never dreamed that there’d ever be a chance for me to find another Magi to have any kind of relationship with.  I will never take everything we have here for granted; and I will be thankful every day for everything that led us here – even the not-so-much-fun things that kept us on the run for those first nine years of my life.

Okay, that definitely took this update off the rails; so let’s get back to the story.  The seniors’ Valentine’s Day party wrapped up at three-thirty, so we were late getting done at school for the day by the time we helped out with getting all of the band gear back to the music room.  Michael and I then needed to hurry to the Inn because we were working – and helping out with a busy dinner rush that included a lot of teen couples doing a dinner date ahead of the school dance – including Rowen and Tim.  That kept us a bit too busy, but I should have mentioned yesterday that I’m officially a part-timer at the Inn now that I’m fifteen.  I’ll still get to pick my own hours, but I will need to do that sooner than before because I’m actually on the schedules now.

We worked at the Inn for three hours; split up to head home and get ready for the dance; and then Michael and I got a ride to the school with Rebecca and Lucas so that I didn’t have to walk there in my dress shoes or wear boots there and change.  Since we were busy with the band this afternoon, we weren’t around to see the transformation of the gym into Valentine’s Day dance central; so seeing it for the first time when we walked in was awesome; and the teens doing all of that work did a great job of setting the mood for the night.  Rowen and Tim were already there by the time we arrived; so we went and sat with them and talked for a while – even though the dance had already started; and there was a pretty good crowd out on the dance floor.

Try not to laugh too much about this, but my favorite moment of the dance was the same as it was at the seniors’ party in the afternoon.  That was because unspecified fellow band mates thought that Michael and I should do an encore performance that was sprung on us by the VJ at around eleven o’clock.  We didn’t have a choice at that point but to go along with the request – especially since a keyboard and two microphones seemed to have materialized out of nowhere for us to use.  I don’t know if it’s scary or great that our friends seemed to love our little performance as much as our afternoon audience did; but that didn’t really matter either way to Michael and me.  For three and a half minutes or so, we were lost in the moment; and I was glad that we were drafted into doing it – even if I’m not interested in starting a teen band or making a habit of playing at school dances.

After singing our hearts out, Michael and I spent a lot of time dancing through until the end of the night at one o’clock.  Rebecca and Lucas were on the clean-up crew, so Michael and I drafted ourselves for that job too; and we didn’t get out of the school until a quarter-to-two.  We got a lift home with Lucas again, but Michael walked me home so that we could have a bit of alone time to say goodnight – and so that Rebecca and Lucas could do the same at her house.  It was late by then, though, so Michael and I had a minor make-out session on the sofa in the living room that wasn’t much more than some enthusiastic cuddling with bonus kisses – especially after Mandy joined us and wanted to cuddle too.  We gave Rebecca and Lucas a half-hour; sent a text message ahead of Michael before he walked home; and then I came up to bed once I’d watched him walk home while shivering because it’s gotten very cold out tonight.

Since getting changed and in bed with Mandy and my computer, I’ve done my usual bedtime computer and email checks; and had some family business work to deal with before getting to this report.  I’m going to have a very busy day tomorrow too because the parents are doing the Valentine’s Day dinner and pub night party at the Inn and Sheldon’s; and I’m going to be one of the babysitters taking care of my sister, brother, cousins, and some other little friends.  I will have Michael here with me for some of that babysitting once he’s finished helping out with the dinner rush; we’ll have Rowen and Tim too; and they’ll all be spending the night here – along with some of the kids; but not all of the m this time.  That’ll keep us busy, but I’ll also need to help Mom and Dad with all of the house work to get ready for those kids and teens; and do even more of that because Dad also needs to get ready for his week in the city.

I’m getting tired out just thinking about all of that – not that I wasn’t tired already about two hours ago.  It is definitely past-time to wrap this up and head into nap mode, though; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!