Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Cassie's Journal - February 21, 2016



The warm weather faded a bit today, and it was too cool this morning for Tai Chi by the river; but then this hasn’t exactly been a play day for me anyway.

Watching the movie with Ethan and Ehlana last night – and with Michael once he joined us – was fun, and so was the cuddle time with Michael after we tucked the twins in for the night; but I don’t have anything beyond that to report for that.  There wasn’t a major make-out session; Michael was tired by the time he came over; and he went home by around eleven o’clock as planned – even if I wasn’t very enthusiastic about giving up my cuddle buddy and going to bed after he was gone.

He was back in the morning for Tai Chi; I went to his house for breakfast so that I could get in on the video chat with Jake and Stephanie that I haven’t done with them in a while; and then we headed for church and a fairly uneventful morning compared to the Valentine’s Day weekend.  I came home after church, and while that was because Mom didn’t want me to work all day at the Inn; it didn’t mean I wasn’t working.  The trade-off was that I could still work the buffet shift, but had to get the rest of my work and studying done in the afternoon; so that’s what I did during the hours between lunch and when I went to the Inn with Michael after his afternoon break.  That included doing our school homework when he came over; so his break wasn’t exactly much of a rest time either.

The Inn wasn’t packed for the buffets, but we had less staff on duty too; so we still needed to work hard to keep up with everything in the kitchen.  I stayed until close; walked home with Michael and his family; and then did the goodnight hugs and kisses outside of their house before continuing on to mine.  Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana were still up then, but wrapping things up in the office by then; so we all headed up for bed not long after I got back.  I’m now writing this while cuddling with Mandy, and didn’t have any other work to do beyond my usual computer and email checks; but I did have a quick soak in my Jacuzzi after helping to tuck the twins in for the night.  Trust me, Mandy appreciates my efforts with that; and I feel better after that long handful of hours working in the kitchen.

Before I wrap this up, and though I don’t really have anything extra on the schedule for the week ahead; I want to mention that there are some things going on around here that I’m not directly involved with right now; but that will be top stories soon.  First up, the church addition is on-schedule to be done in time for the Easter weekend.  If all goes well, the new sanctuary will be ready for dedication on Palm Sunday.  There will be some ongoing finishing work after that in the rest of the addition; but the big push that’ll be happening over the next few weeks is going to be meshing the old sanctuary with the new section.  That’s going to be fun to watch as it comes together; and I can hardly wait to see how amazing the finished sanctuary will be.  Having room for another five hundred people is going to be awesome too – especially on holiday weekends!

The new kitchen and dining rooms for the Inn are nearly ready to go too.  Miranda and Jacob will make the decision on when to move into the new kitchen and start using the dining rooms soon; but that’ll be no sooner than the week after Easter; since that move will also mean that we won’t be able to use the old dining room for maybe as much as a week while some work is done to get it ready to be used with the new kitchen.  That’s going to seem strange at first, since we’ll be working in the old Ayres' store every day; but it’ll be exciting too.  I also expect that there’s going to be a lot of extra work at the Inn too; so we’ll see how my fledgling less-work plan will handle that between now and Easter.

I’ll keep you posted on that, and I’m overdue for a family business and future plans update in my journal too, but I’ve had enough for tonight and need to get some sleep now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!