Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 1, 2013



After three birthday celebrations in three days, I was ready for a break; though we’ll be back in party mode again starting a few hours from now for Mom and Dad’s third anniversary.  It’s a good thing that I was able to recharge last night, since I’m back to working late again; and it’ll be after three by the time I get to sleep tonight.

You may be thinking that the anniversary fun has already started, and you’d be right about that; but let’s not think about that right now – I’m not involved, and don’t need to know the details!

We’ve had a very nice start to October, and other than having some cool nights; it sure doesn’t feel much like Fall yet.  I’m okay with that, and will take Tai Chi by the river for as long as we can keep doing that.  We’ll be moving that morning show indoors for the winter soon enough.  I started working on teaching Michael, Ethan, and Ehlana another new form today – though I guess that new is relative; since most of the Tai Chi forms are centuries-old.

Michael went home for breakfast, and then he and Rebecca met up with Rowen and me for the walk to school.  It was another fairly quiet news day at school, and while we had fun; there isn’t really anything to write about tonight.  Michael, Rowen, and I had fun at band practice too; though the most challenging thing about our practices for Michael and me is going to be keeping from goofing off during the often-lengthy breaks we have in our music.

Our study session after band practice was at the computer store again, and Tim met us there after playing football at the park while we were busy.  That doesn’t leave me with any time to help Mom out before dinner, and I just made it home in time to sit down and eat after Rowen and I spent a little extra time helping Tim with one of the assignments he was having trouble with.  Ethan and Ehlana took care of most of the dinner conversation tonight with their KidZone recap and baby brother stories that Naomi had told them.  Mom, Dad, and I did our daily work and school updates; but that didn’t take long; and I did most of my report while doing most of the kitchen clean-up after dinner so that Mom and Dad could just relax with drinks and take a break before Dad needed to get started on his homework in the office.

Michael, Tim, and Rowen came over after dinner, and we took Ethan and Ehlana upstairs with us for some play time in my room and the lounge.  Tim and Rowen played video games with my brother and sister while Michael did a guitar lesson with me, and then Michael and Tim continued the gaming while Rowen and I mostly watched and I cuddled with Michael and Ehlana.  Mom came to get Ethan and Ehlana at a bit before nine o’clock, and Michael and I went along to help her with getting them ready for bed while Rowen and Tim kept themselves entertained until joining us in the office for the bedtime snack and story.

When Mom and Dad both went upstairs to tuck the twins in for the night, Michael, Tim, and Rowen headed home; and I went outside to see them off.  I knew from the smiles that Rowen and Tim had taken care of their goodnight kisses while on their own in the lounge, and I’ll guess that they had more fun with that than Michael and I did with our front porch moment after our best friends left and Tim walked Rowen home.  While we didn’t set off any fireworks tonight, we did have a pretty good day and evening together; so I’ve been a happy camper tonight while working and studying.

Mom and Dad were back in the office by the time I went inside again, so Mom did her Magi lesson with me there before sending me up to bed at a little after ten o’clock.  I’m sure that having me get an early start on my bedtime computing had absolutely nothing to do with why my parents were both smiling when I left them; but once again, we’re not going to go there tonight.  I hopped into my Jacuzzi after getting up to my room, and took a break while soaking in the tub instead of multi-tasking and doing some studying too.

I’ve still done the full workload since climbing into bed with Mandy, though, and that’s why I’m still awake and doing this as the clock is just striking three.  I could have been done a bit sooner, but with another busy day ahead tomorrow, I needed to get some family business work done that couldn’t be put off until Thursday.  I’m not sure how much work time I’ll have after school tomorrow, since that’ll depend on how much help Mom will need with Ethan and Ehlana while she gets ready for dinner and an evening out with Dad and some friends.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I will be going to that dinner, but then we’ll be spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa again.

With all of that going on, I’d better wrap this up and get started on the nap I’ll have time for before needing to be up and running again in about three and a half hours.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!