Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 14, 2013



The fall festival is over for another year, but it was still the top chat topic at school today, and as usual; the girls mostly wanted to talk about who was there with whom.  That put Rebecca and Jason in the spotlight, though he was happier about that than she was; and I know of at least one guy who was quite upset over the news that Rebecca might be off the market – and dating one of the popular football players.

No, I’m not naming him, even though he’ll never read this.  Thanks to my best friend, I have a special appreciation for the ultra-shy when they’re in love and unable to express that to the person they’re in love with.

Rebecca and Jason weren’t the only teens being talked about today, and one couple made the list because of a break-up instead of a match made in the midway; but while Rowen and I heard all of the stories, we didn’t participate in the gossip – though we were asked several times about Rebecca before being left alone when we wouldn’t pass on anything interesting.  The football game on Friday was re-hashed by Michael, Tim, and the usual guys in our class, but even that didn’t happen until after the ride counts were compared and votes made on which were the best rides this year.  Michael and Tim got razzed a fair bit about being stuck with a bunch of little kids and going on all of the kiddie rides with them, and while Michael thought it was funny; Tim was not amused to be co-winner of most ride counts for the carousel, bumble bees, bunny ride, and Toon Town ride.  They didn’t make top five for any of the thrill rides; but that’s all that a few of the guys did all weekend.

I should back up now to the start of the day – the first one for Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and me.

We were up early to have a visit with Dad while he had breakfast and got ready to leave for the city.  He really wished that he didn’t have to be there this week so he could be home for Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Zack; but it was just too much of a hassle to change everything on short notice; and the rest of us will make sure that Aunt Leanne has as much help as she needs – probably more than she wants.  Once Dad was on his way, it was time for another cuddle and a nap before we needed to get up and moving again.  It was chilly out again, but we still decided to exercise by the river; and Michael joined us there before we split up again until we were both ready to go to school.  I helped Mom with Ethan and Ehlana, and they were going to have a busy morning because they needed to help Aunt Leanne after Uncle Adam went to work; and were going to do some shopping to re-stock the pantry, fridge, and freezer after wiping out most of the usual weekly groceries with the extra meals and weekend guests.

Ethan and Ehlana enjoyed the change from their usual Monday schedule, but they like their ‘normal’ home schooling too; and managed to get through their Grade Twelve lessons today anyway.  All of the extra work does explain why Mom was ready to go to bed early tonight, even though she’ll have more work to catch up on tomorrow for the family business.  My school day wasn’t as fun as shopping and spending time with new babies; but we’ve had a lot of fun since getting home after school.

Our study session was at my house, but we stopped in at Aunt Leanne’s first because that’s where Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana were; and I was taking my brother and sister home with us so that Mom was free to help Aunt Leanne without keeping up with twin toddlers too.

Before I continue with the story, let’s take a little mental side trip and talk about boys for a minute.  I’ve mentioned that my hugs and kisses no longer have the same effect on boys my age as they used to when I first moved here a handful of times in my journals; but we found out today that the words ‘breast feeding’ do cause a very similar reaction for thirteen-year old boys.  I used the word ‘similar’ because there was one significant difference.  While Aunt Leanne’s comment immediately cleared the room; I could sense that Michael and Tim were also affected in, shall we say, ‘other’ ways by the mental pictures that came along with thinking about my Aunt Leanne nursing Zack.

In case you’re wondering; no I wasn’t mad at Michael for that.  He’s a normal, healthy thirteen-year old guy; my aunt is beautiful; and it would only be weird if he didn’t have that kind of reaction.

Okay, I’m ready to move along from that line of thought now.

That entertaining moment was our cue to exit stage-right with Ethan and Ehlana; and we took them home and went up to the lounge to get started on our homework.  With music class and band tomorrow, that studying included a music practice, and Ethan and Ehlana helped us out with that by plunking away at my keyboard with random disharmonics while we played our saxophones, trumpet, and flute.

The music practice took about as long as the rest of our homework tonight, so we didn’t have a lot of time to play after that before Ethan, Ehlana, and I needed to be over at Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam’s house again for dinner.  We did have a short video game session, but then Michael and I took Ethan and Ehlana downstairs and washed our snacks and drinks dishes while Rowen and Tim didn’t straighten up the lounge again.  While Michael, Tim, and Rowen all needed to get to their homes for dinner too, they went over to the park to check out the continuing midway teardown while I took Ethan and Ehlana over to our aunt and uncle’s house.  Missing out on that wasn’t a big deal for me, and getting to spend some time holding Zack instead was more than worth it.

Grandma and Grandpa were there for dinner too, and the food was ready when Uncle Adam got home from the clinic.  That was a very quiet meal compared to the last couple of family gatherings, and I finally got to catch up on a lot of the action I’d missed out on over the weekend.  I loved getting to spend that time with my grandparents, aunt, and uncle; but by the time we’d finished eating and cleaning up; Aunt Leanne was ready for a nap.  Grandma and Grandpa were taking the evening shift, so Mom took Ethan, Ehlana, and me home then; and Michael came over to hang out with us for a couple of hours.

I’d like to report that we had a really great play evening together, but while we did have some fun too; Mom needed me to help out with the house work and laundry that hadn’t gotten done yet from having a house full of guests; and Michael, Ethan, and Ehlana helped us out with all of that work.  Using our Magi power to help with the cleaning was a big part of the fun; and Mom used the opportunity to do lessons with all four of her assistants.

Pop quiz; and second weird moment of the day: what would be stranger for you – having your boyfriend seeing your bras air-drying in the laundry room; or your mother’s bras?

I really don’t want to follow that train of thought either, so let’s not go there.

Michael and I didn’t get to have any quiet cuddle time, but we did have a few moments alone here and there while cleaning guest rooms; so Rowen and Tim weren’t the only couple sharing kisses in my house today – excluding the handful of hours before Dad left for Crystal Springs this morning.

That’s another reason why Mom’s so tired tonight; but let’s not go there either.  With the direction my thoughts keep going, though, I’d better find some alone time for Michael and me soon!

Michael went home at nine-thirty, and while we still had laundry to do; the cleaning was done.  Mom and I put Ethan and Ehlana in the tub after I got back inside from saying goodnight to Michael, and after having a bedtime phone chat and story time with Dad; we tucked them in for the night, and Mom went to bed while I came up to my room and got to work.

I started out with a piano and guitar music practice to help wind down a bit, and then sat in the window alcove and got to work on my computer.  That was over three hours ago, and I’ve officially hit the wall; so it’s time to pack up and get some sleep.  Michael, Rowen, and I have band practice after school tomorrow, but then we’ll be doing the study and babysitting thing at my house again instead of studying at the computer store.  That’ll probably be the daily routine – at least until Friday – though Aunt Leanne’s birthday is on Wednesday too; so we’ll have her birthday dinner party too.

There were extra emails from around the family tonight, and most of them were either weekend or new baby-related; but there wasn’t any major news.  Violet wants me to keep sending pictures, since she can’t come home until she and Dillon are off on their fall break.  Dawn and Jillian want to book rooms with us for the fall festival weekend next year, and that will sound like fun when I’m not exhausted; but it’s a bit early to be thinking about that already anyway – though I do think that Dawn, Jillian, Rowen, and I should do more fun weekends together.

Right now, I’m to the point where I just want to be unconscious; so let’s wrap this up so I can do that.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!