Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 8, 2013



It isn’t the circus, but the arrival of the carnival rides for the fall festival is the closest thing kids and teens get to that feeling in our little town; and the first trucks started rolling into town today.

Michael, Rowen, and I didn’t get to watch much of the action at the park after school today because of band practice; but we did make a quick trip there with Tim after studying at the computer store on our way home for dinner.  Tim told us about everything that we’d missed, which wasn’t really all that much.  The rides will really start taking shape tomorrow and Thursday as the rest of the rides and work crews get to town – and the carnival operator hires extra locals to help out with that work.  Tim wishes he could do that, but still has another three years before he’ll be old enough – no matter how much he knows about mechanics.

Starting out with that skipped over most of the day, but I don’t really have anything particularly interesting to write about from the school part of my day.  We were back out by the river for Tai Chi this morning, so that was fun; but then Michael went home for breakfast with his parents and sister, and the rest of the day through until after band practice was fun but uneventful.

Music class and band practice at each end of the school day is still really great, but Tuesday nights at Michael’s house tops the fun list for both of us.  Jacob tried out a new chicken dish on us that was amazing, and worth being on the three-teen post-dinner clean-up crew to experience.  Michael and I went for another walk to the park after that, but the work had already ended for the day by then; and there wasn’t anything to see – other than the few guys and girls working for the carnival who were hanging around the bunk trailers.

Michael taught me a guitar lesson after we got home again, and then we had a little alone time in his room that included some minor making out before we went downstairs again to watch some television with his parents and Rebecca until I needed to go home for the night.  I haven’t decided whether it feels stranger to have moments like that at Michael’s house or mine, though that’s an easy answer for him; but Miranda wins the parental reaction – and comedy awards – for how she handles our new relationship.  I love Miranda, and even though Michael gets embarrassed and blushes when she teases us about things like why we spend so much time practicing the rests in the music at the end of our lessons; I just have fun with it and enjoy the entertainment.

I can also very easily picture scenes like that with Aunt Leanne and her kids in another twelve to fifteen years; but I should probably wait awhile before warning my future cousins.  The scary scenario will be if they’re as hyper and fired up as their Mommy.

Oh wait – Miranda and I sort of resemble that; don’t we?  No wonder we’re having so much fun!

The dinner, music, alone time with Michael, and fun with his family all added up to keep me in a very good mood since coming home.  I was there in time for Ethan and Ehlana’s bedtime story and snack; with the stories being an exchange of daily updates from all of us while we munched on Olde Bakery cookies and sipped our drinks.  Dad is trying to get as much of his work done to be ready for his week in the city each night so that he has some extra time to spend with us at the fall festival – and with Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam if their baby arrives this week; so he kept working while we had our little chat.  He kept working when Mom and I tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night, and while Mom did my Magi lesson; was still immersed in researching some contract law for one of his cases when I came up to my room to get ready for bed and start my usual studies and nightly computing.

I’m continuing to purposefully keep from commenting much on the continuing, childish drama going on in Washington right now, but should mention that we’re very proactive about dealing with things like that for our family business; and our companies are mostly only mildly inconvenienced by anything the government is doing – or not doing.  It would be fun to be able to report that the government shutdowns are causing issues for Hathorne Industries, but I did a check on that tonight, and they’re just taking advantage of every opportunity they can come up with to exploit the situation.  There are lots of people today who think they’re brilliant for taking advantage of crises for their own gains or agenda, but I can assure you that Dark Magi have been doing that for Millennia; and are experts at the tactics.

That’s not much fun to think about, and we can’t do much about anything the Hathornes are doing right now; so let’s move along and wrap this up.

My language studies continue comparatively slowly right now, but I am making progress, and the diversity of the dialects I’m learning right now will help me a lot with learning other languages more quickly in the future.  Uncle Adam had some new research in our Magi Project archive that I read over and commented on, and I spent over an hour on the archive homework from my lesson tonight before starting my family business work and computer checks.

It’s almost three o’clock now, and I’m beat; but it was worth another late night to get all of that work done; and unless Aunt Leanne has her baby tomorrow, one more late night should get me to where I want to be going into the weekend.  Getting started on my nap is at the top of my to-do list now, though, so I am so out of here!

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!