Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 2, 2013



Happy 3rd Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Can you believe it’s been three years already?  I’ve now spent nearly a quarter of my life in Witch Falls.  Give it another five or ten years, and people might even start forgetting that Mom and I are imports!

Ethan, Ehlana, and I let Mom and Dad sleep in this morning, and went outside for Tai Chi with Michael without them.  Michael stayed and helped me with making breakfast; and we let Ethan and Ehlana do the wake-up call while we were busy cooking up eggs and bacon to go with the bakery treats Mom had picked up.  We had coffee and juice ready to go too by the time my parents, brother, and sister joined us; and we sat down to eat right away.

The traditional gift for third anniversaries is leather, and while that may work okay for adults; Ethan, Ehlana, Michael, and I opted for the modern gift option of crystal instead.  For Ethan and Ehlana, that meant a little family of crystal figurines; while Michael and I had gone with a crystal wind chime for the back porch and a crystal ball just because we live in Witch Falls and Mom and Dad didn’t have one.

We weren’t the only ones thinking about crystals and magic for anniversary gifts because Aunt Leanne gave Mom and Dad a set of magic love crystals.  She apparently had the traditional leather gift covered too, but she gave that gift directly to Mom; and I heard enough to be sure that I didn’t need to know exactly what that gift was.  If you’re currently getting mental pictures involving either or both of my parents and leather, cut it out – you’re scaring the kids.

Adding in the extra work this morning for cooking and cleaning up, Michael and I both had to hurry to get cleaned up and dressed for school once we were finished in the kitchen.  He went home to do that, and I cheated a bit to make enough time for most of that part of my usual morning routine.  The morning action had me fired up all day, and we had fun at school.  Our study session after that was in the conference room at Landry’s; and then I needed to get home and take care of Ethan and Ehlana while Mom spent some quality time with her Jacuzzi and got appropriately beautiful for the anniversary dinner party at the Inn and her night out with Dad and their friends.

I was able to do some work in the office while Ethan and Ehlana worked on their homework, and then I helped them to get ready for dinner before leaving them to play on my keyboard and in the lounge while I freshened up a bit and got dressed up a bit too.  Rowen’s parents were on that guest list, and were coming too to hang out with me; so she came over to wait with me while they were getting ready to go out after closing the store a bit early.  Patrick was staying with Scott for the night, so he wasn’t at the Inn with us; and Rowen was doing a sleepover with her grandparents after dinner too so that her parents could stay out late without getting a babysitter on a school night.

I would have liked to have Michael with us for dinner, but our party made for a busy night in the kitchen; and he couldn’t really be spared for more than a little visit with me while we had cake and ice cream for dessert.  We managed to have a few cameo moments that were pretty good, though, including a goodnight kiss or three in the back room behind the kitchen when it was time for me to go home with Grandma, Grandpa, and the twins.  He likely got teased by the other guys after I left, but if that few moments of alone time was as much of a highlight of the evening for him as it was for me; he won’t mind all of the razzing.

The dinner and fun time with their friends was probably a bigger deal for Mom and Dad than it was for me; but then Rowen and I had a fairly quiet meal with the twins by comparison.  While Mom and Dad had exchanged their gifts this morning, and had gotten our gifts at breakfast; they still had some little gifts to open at dinnertime too from the rest of our family and some of their friends.  That included some gag gifts that were fun, and Ethan and Ehlana happily played normal toddler to the max while helping Mom and Dad with opening those gifts and keeping everyone entertained.

We were the last diners at the Inn when it was time to leave, and while it was a busy night for Miranda and her servers; the teens were very happy with the tips that were left for them when Mom and Dad settled their fairly significant bill.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I only did a quick round of hugs and kisses with our parents, aunts, uncles, and their friends before going home with Grandma and Grandpa; and then we walked to their house after grabbing our overnight bags out of the minivan.

There really isn’t much else to write about tonight – at least fur the action at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.  I’m sure we’ll hear a lot about the party at Sheldon’s, and I’ll be okay without knowing any of the post-party, kid-free night details for Mom, Dad, or any of the other parents taking advantage of a night off from their children.  It could be funny if there are any babies born next June, but that really isn’t all that likely; unless there are some surprises in our collective future that haven’t been revealed to Ethan, Ehlana, and me yet.

Grandma and Grandpa did a Magi lesson and play time with us after getting home; our bedtime snack and story took a while; and after Ethan and Ehlana were tucked in, I went to bed too and got to work on my nightly computing, studies, and work.  I expected to run out of steam sooner, but it’s ‘only’ coming up on a quarter to two; and I’m just getting to the point where I’m ready to sleep.  There isn’t anything specifically newsworthy from my studies and work tonight, and though I’ve skipped over some minor anniversary fun; everything will likely get covered somewhere between our collective personal journals.  For now, I’m ready to pack up and call it a night, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!