Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 17, 2013



I’ve hit the wall tonight, so I’m skipping all of my usual bedtime studies; and only did my nightly computer checks and took care of a bit of family business work before starting on this update.

There isn’t really a lot to write about tonight because we’ve had a fairly uneventful day around here – though my early morning was busy and entertaining enough.

That started with Zack giving me a wake-up call after I’d had all of about an hour and a half of sleep; and then he’d wanted to party for a while after Aunt Leanne had finished nursing him and she’d gone back to bed.  I only ended up with about another half hour of nap time before it was time to get up again for Tai Chi; but getting to do that with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Michael was great; and then Michael stayed for breakfast before hurrying home to get ready for school.

Zack slept through most of that, but was awake in time to give Aunt Leanne a get-out-of-work card so that she could nurse him while Uncle Adam and I cleaned up from breakfast.  By the time I was ready for school, I didn’t have much time for goodbye cuddles and kisses with Zack before needing to walk next door and meet up with Rowen.  We collected Michael and Rebecca on our way to school; and then we were on to a fairly standard day of classes that included one test this morning and some lunchtime football action.

Our studying after school was at my house again, and I was watching Ethan and Ehlana again too, but the main change to my Thursday routine was not helping out at the Inn.  Instead of going there with Michael after we were finished our homework; I took Ethan and Ehlana to the park for some play time while Mom was busy with Aunt Leanne and Zack.  Tim was at the park by then too, so we stopped in to let Ethan have some football fun before going on to the playground; but Rowen was working at the store again – mostly because she wouldn’t be helping out there on the weekend.

Mom was home by the time Ethan, Ehlana, and I got back from the park, and it was just the four of us for dinner tonight.  Two out of four of us were getting tired by then, and that’s why we went with a Mac and cheese and hot dogs easy-dinner.  That had the advantage of leaving us with enough time to do Ethan and Ehlana’s Magi lesson before going to the Inn for game night; which helped to make the earlier-than-usual bedtime possible once we got back from the Inn again.

Game night was fun, and I loved getting to spend the time with Michael and our family and friends; but I wasn’t exactly motivated tonight and we didn’t place very high in the junior championship standings this week.  Mom was teamed with Miranda as usual for Dad’s weeks in the city, but they didn’t win the senior championship tonight – though they did come in third.  Since that didn’t work out as planned for Miranda, I won’t be surprised if there is another guys against the girls game night coming up soon so she’ll have another chance at a championship win.

I’m fading fast, so let’s wrap this up.  I stayed to help with the clean-up, but Mom took Ethan and Ehlana home to start their bath time; so Michael and I kept the goodnight kisses on his front porch short before I hurried home in time to help her get my brother and sister dried off and ready for bed.  We did a story time phone call with Dad from Ehlana’s room; Mom did a short Magi lesson with me once Ethan and Ehlana were tucked in for the night; and then she hopped into her Jacuzzi for a soak when I came up to my room.

That’s pretty much it for my day, and while I should be doing the studying too; I really need the down time more right now.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I are taking the night off tomorrow and going to the football game; Rowen and I may do a sleepover at her house; and then we may all have major fall yard work days at our respective homes on Saturday if the weather co-operates.  With all of that going on over the next couple of days, I really am going to need to recharge; so it’s time to pack up my computer and get started on some quality down time.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!