Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 19, 2013



Happy 16th Birthday, Chris!

I hope he’s been enjoying his big day, though it probably isn’t as exciting as Violet’s sweet-sixteen was; and we know for sure that there wasn’t a new car in the driveway.  Chris also wasn’t having a big family party, and while I’ll get the details from Dawn sometime tomorrow; she was doing a sleepover at Jillian’s so she didn’t have to be home for Chris’ party.  Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa are probably wishing by now that they could have gone for a sleepover with their best friends by now too.

While spending the weekend in Woodvale would have been more fun than a major yard work day; I’m not all that disappointed that we didn’t need to fit something like that into our schedule – that would have just meant piling up more work on top of what we already had after the fall festival weekend off.  That brings me around to the only thing I’ve been thinking about since Michael went home a couple of hours ago; so let’s go there next.

I am an idiot.

Okay, not really; but I feel like one right now.  Michael and I finally got that alone time we’ve both wanted for what feels like ages now; we were all set up with snacks, drinks, and a scary Halloween movie; and then I promptly fell asleep before we got around to any quality make-out time at all.  Stop laughing – it isn’t funny!  Mom and Dad thought it was hilarious, but that was mostly because they’ve been there and done that recently enough to relate.  Michael assured me that he didn’t mind just cuddling with me and watching the movie while I slept; but I guarantee we’d have both been happier if I’d managed to stay awake instead.

The frustration from that missed opportunity has a lot to do with why I’m still awake now, and while my end of the family business is benefitting from the re-directed energy; that isn’t any consolation to me tonight.  Let’s move on from thinking about what didn’t happen, though, and do the rest of the update.

Since it was cold out this morning, Michael didn’t come over to Rowen’s house for Tai Chi; so I was on my own for that today.  Rowen and I managed to get through taking turns having showers and getting dressed for a yard work day before Patrick and Scott were given their wake-up call; though they still managed to find time to bug us while we had breakfast and cleaned the kitchen after we ate.  I felt bad about leaving my best friend stuck with them all day; but I needed to get home and start helping Dad with the chores around our house.

I’d missed out on Dad’s homecoming last night, so there were some bonus hugs and kisses this morning, and we had a little chat with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana after I first got home; but then it was time to get to work on our extensive to-do lists.  The temperature had dropped to near-freezing, so I was dressed accordingly; but it didn’t take long to heat up – especially when job-one for me was raking leaves.  I wasn’t alone for that, because Mom came out to work with me as soon as Alicia came over and could take care of Ethan and Ehlana while doing her usual Saturday jobs.

There are a lot of really great things about having a big yard, but dealing with everything related to fall clean-ups is not on that particular list.

We spent four very long, tough hours getting the leaves raked and bagged, and though I was only teasing Dad about getting him a new lawn tractor with some bells and whistles that would help out with things like cleaning up leaves for Father’s Day next year; he didn’t actually seem to be against the idea despite joking about how that might break several local man-laws.  Maybe I’ll seriously talk about that with Mom later – and we could even think about something like that for Christmas if we added a snow blower too.  That might be a waste for the years when we don’t get much snow, but a snow blower would have come in handy for some of the storms we’ve had since Mom and I moved here.

I don’t want to think about cold and winter right now either, though that isn’t because I’m chilled or anything.  It wasn’t a really warm day, but it was sunny; and we had a decent afternoon – warm enough to be comfortable without being too hot for the work we were doing.  While there were other jobs that Mom and Dad had me help them with, my main afternoon job was cutting the lawn once the leaves were out of the way; and my last job – putting up the Halloween decorations – was a lot of fun.  Ethan and Ehlana helped me with that; and we spent about an hour on that before it was getting dark and time to go inside and get cleaned up for dinner.

By then, I really needed a hot shower, so I did that next; cheated with a little time-phase so I could get my hair done before dinner was ready; and then enjoyed having a chance to talk with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana while we demolished a lasagna and the rest of the food Mom had cooked up for us.  Dad had work to do in the office tonight, but he and I took care of the dinner clean-up; and he watched a Halloween show with the rest of us before going to hide in the office when Mom was ready to dunk Ethan and Ehlana in the tub.

I helped her with that, and we had my brother and sister in the pajamas by the time Michael came over after finishing up at the Inn for the night.  He was happy to help out with the bedtime story while we munched on Olde Bakery treats and drank cups of hot chocolate or coffee; and then we took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night while Mom and Dad stayed in the office to work.

We’ve already covered my badly-timed nap, so the only thing I haven’t mentioned is that my wake-up call came when Mom and Dad stopped into the lounge to say goodnight to us.  Mom would have been able to tell that I was sleeping before seeing us, so the timing for wrapping up their work in the office within fifteen minutes of when Michael was due to be home wasn’t a coincidence.  Since I may have inherited her talent for just falling asleep when we run out of steam; she may have suspected that Michael would be like Dad; and be willing to cuddle with me until I woke up.

I’d have been okay with that; though none of our parents are ready for that step in our relationship quite yet.

That’s another nice thought to end this report with – and take into dreamland with me; so I’m going to put my computer away now and try to get some more rest.  I’d suggest that I need to do that to be ready for the next time Michael and I get a chance for some quality alone time; but I have no idea when that’ll happen – especially with everything we have going on between now and Halloween.

I’ll just think happy thoughts and hope for the best.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!