Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 30, 2013



My plans for an early bedtime didn’t exactly work out today, but that’s alright; because I traded that off for spending the night at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s while taking care of Zack for them.

While they have lots of willing volunteers to help them, I don’t feel as if I’m doing enough; and I really haven’t spent enough time with Zack.  I know, he’s only two and a half weeks old, but he’ll be too cool for cuddling or hanging out with his girl cousins way too soon; so I need to enjoy moments like tonight while I can – even though Aunt Leanne is teasing me about putting her baby in imminent danger from cuddling with me.

I don’t think you have to worry about Zack dating anytime in the immediate future, Aunt Leanne; so don’t book the church for his wedding.

There isn’t really much to write about from the rest of my day.  The rain has continued pretty much all day with little breaks now and then; and every kid in town is hoping the weather will cooperate for going trick-or-treating tomorrow night.  A second indoor day in a row at school kept the enthusiasm level lower than normal for the day before a big fun day or holiday; and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I spent most of our lunch break in the music room.  Our after-school study session was at Tim’s house instead of in the conference room at Landry’s Auto; mostly because we didn’t have much to get done, and Tim wanted to play video games with the bit of extra time we had before Michael, Rowen, and I needed to get to our part-time jobs.

I worked in the office after getting home until it was time for dinner; and Ethan and Ehlana did some homework while giving me their birthday party and sleepover reports.  They needed to give those reports to Dad again while we had dinner; and then I helped with the clean-up before going up to my room to pack an overnight bag for my own impending sleepover.  Mom did a short Magi lesson with me and gave me some bonus archive homework before it was time for me to go over to Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam’s house for the night.

Grandma and Grandpa were there and had been helping out with the early evening shift.  That may seem like too much family for some people reading this, but even with two doctors in town now, Uncle Adam puts in a lot of long days with his work; and we’re going to make sure that he and Aunt Leanne don’t burn out from too little sleep – especially since Zack likes to party off and on all night.  I wonder if he gets that from the same place Chris and Martin get their night owl gene from.

Aunt Leanne stayed up until after the nine o’clock feeding, and then went to bed when Grandma and Grandpa went home for the night.  Uncle Adam stayed up a bit later than that to do some work in their office, but he was out for the count before Zack woke up for his next feeding; and I was able to take care of that without waking either of them thanks to using some shielding that I kept around Zack and me while moving around the house.  He stayed awake for about an hour and a half before going to sleep again; and I’ve been working on my computer since then.  All of my studying and archive research is finished, and I worked on a family business project for a while too before moving on to this update.  I haven’t done my final computer checks yet, but wanted to get this out of the way; since I expect Zack will be awake again soon for his next feeding.

I’ll need to wake Aunt Leanne for that, but then we should all be able to sleep until morning once we get Zack back to sleep again – as long as he doesn’t want to talk and cuddle for another hour or two.  If he does do that, though, I may just take both of us into a time-phase until he falls asleep.  I wonder if any other Magi Masters have used time-phasing for that before?  Maybe I’d better wait and check that out with Mom first before experimenting on the effects that might have on babies.  Aunt Leanne might not like it if she wakes up in the morning with a toddler-aged kid where her baby was when she went to sleep!

Just kidding – I know that wouldn’t happen; but the idea is Halloween scary-funny.

That’s a fun thought to wrap this up with, so I’m going to move on now; and hopefully be sleeping soon.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!