Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 23, 2013



I am not finding the fairly abrupt transition into Fall that much fun this year; and I didn’t like waking up to a near-freezing temperature this morning.  Day two of my period might be affecting my perceptions today too; but the weather isn’t supposed to change much through the weekend; and I don’t expect to feel differently about this on Friday night when we’re trying to stay warm while watching another football game.

The temperature and physical inconveniences didn’t really get in the way of having a good day.  I seriously doubt that I’ll ever have a really bad day that begins with good morning kisses with Michael and Tai Chi with my family.  Michael stayed for breakfast; Ethan and Ehlana entertained us for a while; and then we split up to get ready for the day before heading to school with Rowen and Rebecca.

Mr. Ayres – and the rest of our teachers – must be trying to get testing out of the way this week so that they have a chance at seeing better results than they’d likely get next week when most of the kids and teens are more interested in Halloween.  Of course that isn’t quite as big of a deal for our grade, when one-seventh of the students score one hundred percent or higher on every test; so our class average is always pretty good.  The seasonal theme for most of the tests may help too; though one comedian in our class who shall remain un-named will not get bonus points for answering “zero – there’s no such thing as ghosts” for one of the quiz questions today.

It was still cold enough at lunchtime that I didn’t need to try very hard to get Michael to join Rowen and me for a music practice after we’d eaten, and though Tim had picked football instead; they didn’t end up playing for very long before deciding it was too cold.  He ended up joining us for the last fifteen or twenty minutes of our practice; and that might help him out with the playing test tomorrow.  He may not be into playing music as much as the rest of us are, but he could be pretty good at trumpet if he worked at it; and his best friend could help him a lot with learning more about music in general.

We studied in the conference room at Landry’s after school, and then it was time to get to work after that.  For me, that meant hiding in the office and working on the family business from the time I got home until dinner was ready.  Ethan and Ehlana spent most of that time with me; and they entertained me with their daily report while working on their Grade Twelve homework.  Their favorite parts of most weekdays right now are the visits with Aunt Leanne and Zack.  Aunt Leanne has lots of help every day, but Mom, Grandma, and Aunt Grace are with her most often during the day to help out with the work; and just to make sure she gets regular breaks from the non-stop baby action.

Ethan and Ehlana were also excited about their Ewok costumes.  Mom finished making them today; and they look absolutely adorable in them.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I have our costumes ready too; and we were able to finish them when we got together again after dinner.  That took about an hour, and then we had a bit of video gaming time with Ethan and Ehlana.  The gaming wrapped up when Mom collected Ethan and Ehlana to start getting them ready for bed; and Michael, Tim, and Rowen headed home then too.  I walked them out, but it was cold again by then; and the goodnight kiss I shared with Michael was short and sweet because I was already shaking.  I guess I’ll need to throw a jacket or sweater on from now on if we don’t want to be knocking our teeth together from the shivering – or start doing our goodnight kisses indoors between now and next spring.

Speaking of that; Rowen and Tim had one, short opportunity for some friends with benefits time, and though Rowen and I didn’t get to talk about it yet; the smiles suggested that they had fun while Michael and I had gone on ahead of them with Mom and the twins.

My night from that point on hasn’t been much different than last night.  Mom, Dad, and I had some bedtime fun with Ethan and Ehlana; my Magi lesson followed that; and I started my bedtime computing and studies by around eleven o’clock.  I started wrapping things up by twenty-to-two; and could end up with nearly an extra half-hour of down time if I hurry up and finish this update.  I’ll be at the Inn tomorrow night, and that’ll mean another late study session if I want to have everything done for the week before getting into the weekend, Halloween fun.

That is at least one really good thing about the little nudges I’ve done to get Rowen and I on such a precise menstrual cycle – our periods should never get in the way of our weekends!  While that isn’t exactly an exciting or interesting way to wrap up a journal entry, I don’t really have anything else to write about; so I guess that’s it for today.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!