Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 6, 2013



It was chilly this morning, but Michael and I still exercised in Rowen’s back yard; though Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana stayed indoors for their Tai Chi instead of going out by the river.

That was a fun start to our day, even with the attempted interruptions from Patrick and Scott.  They more than made up for missing out on bugging Rowen and me last night with their antics this morning; but we mostly just played along with them and kept Owen and Patricia entertained before, during, and after breakfast.

Their goofing around did have one bonus for us – they were so busy playing that they forgot to get ready for church until the last minute.  Rowen and I were able to escape while they rushed around trying to do that; and we walked to church with Patricia, my family, and the Stones while Owen dealt with getting Patrick and Scott to church on time.

Michael, Rowen, and I sat with my family today until Sunday school started, and the only news I have from church is that Aunt Leanne was not very comfortable today; and I may have overheard a whispered, slight change to the Lord’s prayer that sounded a lot like ‘deliver us this baby’; but I didn’t say a word about it to Aunt Leanne or anyone else.  Mom and Uncle Adam are helping her as much as they can, but Aunt Leanne isn’t even joking much anymore; so you know that she’s getting worn down as she nears the end of her pregnancy.

While I’m thinking about pregnant women, I didn’t mention it earlier, but Adam and Heather Green bought the model home next door to the Draper’s house that Aunt Leanne and Claire have been using for sales tours.  They won’t be moving in until the end of next March, and that’s partly because Aunt Leanne gave them a deal so that she could continue to use it as the main showcase house through the winter.  That worked for Adam and Heather, since they really don’t need to move until closer to when their second baby is due early in May.

The church service went long today, so Michael needed to hurry over to the Inn; and I walked there with him on the way home.  Since I hadn’t been able to mow the lawn on Saturday, I got changed right away and started working on that while Mom and Dad made lunch.  Mom had me stop work long enough to eat, but then I got back at it so I could get finished before Michael would be off for his afternoon break.

Rowen and I had already finished our homework, but Michael and Tim hadn’t; and so we had a study session in the lounge.  Tim kept getting distracted by the NFL football games he was flipping channels to keep up with; but we hadn’t had all that much assigned to us for the weekend, and he wasn’t all that far behind Michael in getting his work done.

I’d had time for a micro shower between the lawn cutting and studying, but Rowen helped me with a little hair play so that I was ready to go when Michael needed to head back to the Inn.  We hadn’t had any major family plans for tonight, so I decided to help out with the buffets and spend some time playing with Michael and Rebecca.  Miranda really loves having me there too, though we don’t really get to spend much time together while she’s so busy keeping everything going in the dining room.

We actually had a fairly quiet night at the Inn.  Jacob had expected that because of the fall festival next weekend, but even though we could have left early; Michael and I stayed until they closed the Inn for the night.  I went home with him, and we did a short guitar lesson before doing a bedtime snack and visit with his parents and Rebecca.  I needed to get home after that, so Michael and I did our goodnight hugs and kisses on his front porch, and then I went home in time to have a little chat with Ethan and Ehlana while they were being tucked in for the night.  Mom did a Magi lesson with me after that, and then I came up to my room to get ready for bed and started on my school night studies and computing.

The friends and family college news this weekend was mostly either about getting ready for mid-terms or busy study weekends with major projects and workloads.  I wouldn’t say that any of my favorite college freshmen are worried about their first mid-terms; but they are all working hard to be ready for them.  Violet joked about having me dress up early for Halloween and write a couple of the exams in her least-favorite subjects; but I’m sure she’ll do just fine writing them without any help from me.

Between the work at the Inn, stop at Michael’s house, and my Magi lesson tonight I didn’t get started on my bedtime work until after eleven-thirty.  I should have done a bit more tonight than I have, but started hitting the wall at two o’clock.  I had some family business to finish up first before starting on this update, so it’s closer to two-thirty than two now; and I’ve seriously had enough fun for today.

Starting tomorrow, there will only be one thing at the top of every kid and teen chat list – the Ridge River Fall Festival.  The rides should start rolling in on Tuesday and Wednesday; and we’ll somehow need to fit in visits to the park to check out that action along with everything else we have on the go.

The fall festival will need to move down to number two on my list if Aunt Leanne has her baby between now and then, though it won’t be quite as much fun at the festival if Aunt Leanne isn’t able to play with us there this year.  Since this may end up being a very busy week, though, I really do need to wrap this up and get what sleep I can, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!