Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 24, 2013



Happy 14th Birthday, Jenny!

I’m sure that she’s had a good day, and was thrilled to have some of the older cheerleaders and their boyfriends at her party tonight.  My only momentary involvement in celebrating her special day came when we gave her a gift this morning at school before she and Rebecca left with Garth and Jason.  Rowen and I had Michael do the honors for that just because we knew it would be entertaining – and it really was.  Garth teased him about giving presents to his girlfriend; Jenny kissed him; and we had a few laughs that felt almost like ‘old’ times for Rebecca, Jenny, Rowen, and me.  Maybe we can have that kind of friendship back again when we hit high school next year.  For today, though, the great academic divide closed in; and we returned to our normal place in the social hierarchy like good little kids.

The only other effect that Jenny’s birthday had on my day was Rebecca’s absence at the Inn for the dinner rush and game night.  I have no idea why Jenny wouldn’t want to have her birthday party at the Inn so her guests and ‘cool’ friends could be entertained while competing for the junior championship with us, but she didn’t want to do that; so Rebecca was at her house for the night instead.

That wasn’t a big deal for the work side of our evening, since it was a fairly quiet night at the Inn; but Miranda and Jacob were still happy to have me stay and help out with Michael; and we had even more fun than usual since we didn’t need to rush around to keep up with the dinner orders.  Game night was good too, but let’s back up and do the rest of the report before getting to that part of the recap.

Other than that birthday gift moment with Jenny, the rest of the morning between waking up and then had been fairly normal.  Michael came over for Tai Chi, and then we split up until it was time to head for school while we each got ready for the day and had breakfast.  The music testing that we started the school day with didn’t thrill everyone in our class, but Michael, Rowen, and I aced ours as usual; and Tim was happy with his better-than-usual mark too.  I’d suggest that we could try having Rowen motivate his music ambitions with a little alone time in the music room; but that probably wouldn’t get his mind onto honing his trumpet-playing skills.  Rowen would be too nervous about getting caught anyway – even if she would also love the idea and wish she had the nerve to try it.

We had another test and a quiz to write today, so there was some stress for some of our friends; but I was having a much better day.  To be blunt, that’s mostly because I was pretty much done with the most unpleasant part for this round of my menstrual cycle; so even the cold fall weather was easier to take – though we didn’t spend much time outdoors today.  Michael and Tim went out at lunchtime to play some football, and Rowen and I watched the first few minutes of their scrimmage game before going for a walk and playing with some younger kids; but we went back inside and warmed up with cups of hot chocolate for the last fifteen or twenty minutes before we needed to get to our computer class.

Our after-school studying was at the Inn, but we didn’t have much homework – mostly because we have a Day Two schedule Friday this week; so we’ll get our weekend assignments for those classes tomorrow.  That left Michael and I with lots of time to help in the kitchen after Rowen and Tim left; and we ended up with extra time to have our own meal too before joining in to help with the clean-up.

Jenny’s party had a big effect on the junior championship competition; and we had less than half of the usual kids and teens – hardly any teens at all.  That’s the main reason why Michael and I won tonight – and Rowen and Tim were second – though having Ethan and Ehlana with us most of the evening could have given us some good luck too.  They definitely helped out a lot with the fun level!

With the smaller-than-usual group of players, our play time at the Inn ended earlier than usual too; so Michael came home with us and he and I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana bathed and ready for bed before meeting up with Mom and Dad in the office.  Michael couldn’t stay late, but since he was here with us; Mom substituted a Magi lesson with him, Ethan, Ehlana, and me for the usual story time.  That was awesome, and while I really, really, really want to have more alone time with him; extra Magi lessons would be great too.  We didn’t have much alone time tonight, but I did spend some quality time saying goodnight to him in a non-verbal sort of way between the time we tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night and when he left for home – ten minutes or so later.

I still needed to do my regular Magi lesson with Mom after he left, and deal with a little teasing from her and Dad about why it took Michael and me so long to get the twins into their beds; so it was eleven-thirty before we all went upstairs, and I got changed and started on my last bedtime study and work session of the week.

Three hours and change later, and I’m pretty much cooked now; and need to get what sleep I can to be ready for a long, busy day of classes, football, and Halloween dance fun.  I’m not at all enthusiastic about the football game, but this should be a best-ever-so-far school dance for me – and hopefully for Michael, Rowen, and Tim too.  The answer to whether that ends up being true or not is just a digital page flip away for everyone reading this in my future or beyond, but it’s still a half-day of action away for me; so I really need to get started on my nap now.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!