Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 10, 2013



I’m going to be keeping this short for a second night in a row; but this time it’s so I can get to sleep early – though I’m really tired again, and ‘early’ is relative to what my normal has been lately.

The only topics at school today were the fall festival and football, and nobody seemed particularly interested in concentrating on our actual classwork with a play day at the fall festival less than twenty-four hours away.  I haven’t been involved in any of the festival competitions or shows since moving here, but that’s something I’m hearing more about this time – partly because quite a few band members are into the talent competitions; and a few of the ‘farm kids’ in our class are particularly excited about their festival entries this year.

I know that part of the festival is a big deal for a lot of people, but I honestly haven’t really ever thought about entering the competitions and shows because Mom and I have avoided the risks involved with that kind of public attention.  There isn’t likely going to be a blue ribbon craft, giant vegetable, or apple pie in my future anyway; but I should make a point of getting involved in that part of the festival as more than a spectator in the future.  The problem with that is trying to fit anything extra into my already-packed schedule.

Having the festival this weekend didn’t keep our teachers from giving us homework today, though Uncle Nick – Mr. Ayres – did take it easy on us.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were at the Inn to study after school, and Miranda was glad that it didn’t take us long to get our assignments done because they were having a busier-than-usual night at the Inn because so many people were in town and helping out at the park – and stopping in to get a quick meal instead of taking the time off to go home.

Michael and I would have liked to go with Rowen and Tim to the park when they left, but we still got to check out the action there during our dinner break – though we kept that time off short so we could get back to helping out in the kitchen.  The extra business ended up delaying game night by about a half hour, but we also had less than half of the normal crowd – again because of the fall festival.  That made getting through the game rotation quite a bit faster, and while the light competition might not have made a difference for Mom and Dad winning the senior championship; Michael and I probably wouldn’t have won the juniors if most of the usual teen teams had been playing instead of busy helping out at the park tonight.

Rowen and Tim went for a side-trip to the park with Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, and me on the way home from the Inn; though we only wandered around there for a few minutes before leaving again.  Tim walked Rowen home after leaving the rest of us in front of Michael’s house.  The four of us had fun with those goodnight kisses, but I wouldn’t exactly classify those moments as romantic.  Ethan and Ehlana giggled a lot; and kissing Michael while we were each holding one of the twins didn’t set off any fireworks at all – though it was weirdly entertaining.

Ethan, Ehlana, and I went straight home from there, and I helped Mom with getting my brother and sister dunked in the tub and cleaned up before doing the bedtime snack and story with Dad in the office.  I came up to my room for some Jacuzzi time after they were tucked in for the night, and did most of the work I needed to get done on my computer finished while in the tub.  I’ve skipped most of my language and archive studies, and only dealt with a couple of family business issues that came up through my email.  There isn’t anything especially newsworthy to report from any of that computing, so I’m ready to wrap this up and get started on a reasonably normal night of sleep.

Watch out, Ridge River Fall Festival – I’m going to be at full power tomorrow and ready to play!

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!