Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 29, 2013



Happy 2nd Birthday, Aiden!

I haven’t even seen Aiden today, but Michael and I sent a gift for him with Ethan and Ehlana; and Ethan is spending the night there while Ehlana is doing a sleepover at Naomi’s house.

While my brother and sister have been in birthday party mode with their best friends; I’ve had a busy day too.  Tai Chi first thing this morning was about the only real quiet time I had through until I climbed into bed with Mandy tonight and started my nightly computing and studies.  It had started raining sometime during my nap last night, and that meant taking a little extra time to be ready for a very wet walk to school.  Yes, getting a ride would have been an option, but I don’t melt in the rain; and Mom and Dad both had enough on the go without adding more to their schedule – no matter how un-cool raincoats are for teens.

While we’re on that subject, I should mention that even Michael is not immune to making the bad decision to play it cool instead of staying dry – though he did at least have an umbrella; and had his computer, bookbag, and saxophone case protected from the rain.  I’ll pick being dry and getting teased about being nerdy over spending half the morning cold and damp every time.  Oh yeah, and they’re called boots, guys.  Learn to love them instead of being stuck wearing soaked trainers all day – especially since you’re not the only one who doesn’t appreciate that wet-sweaty-shoe smell in confined spaces.

Moving along, even with Halloween now just two days away, the rain dampened the mood around school a bit, and I don’t really have much of particular interest to report; though we were kept busy during all of our classes.  Nothing we did was quite as exciting as Zombie Dodge Ball was yesterday afternoon, but music class and band were fun; and so was the noon play time that Michael and I had with his cousin, Jessica, and a few of her friends after we’d all eaten our lunches.  Tim and Rowen had stayed with the couples club for the rest of that break, but Michael and I had planned on another music practice and had gone to do that before being diverted – and drafted – by Jessica.

It was still raining when we were finished our band practice, though it wasn’t coming down all that hard; and we didn’t need to go full-nerd for the walk to the computer store – not that Michael and Tim would have done that anyway.  We didn’t have a lot of homework to do, and since Tim didn’t have any football opportunities today; he’d already done about half of his while waiting for us and watching the football team practice in the rain from the safety and warmth of the cafeteria.  That worked out for all of us, because Michael and I didn’t have all that much time left between band practice and when we needed to be at his house for dinner.

Rebecca had invited Jason, so we had six for dinner; and I’m not quite sure how I feel about how everything went tonight.  We had a lot of fun tonight, and nothing weird or bad happened at all; but I can’t shake the sense that Jason doesn’t feel the way I do about spending time with Rebecca’s family.  He loved the food – especially since Jacob had cooked up his personal favorite – and loved talking football with Jacob and Michael while we ate.  Being on the clean-up crew didn’t impress him at all, and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to find out that he never did dishes at home unless he was totally faking his lack of skill and basic kitchen knowledge.  Michael didn’t like getting razzed about being highly trained, but he laughed along with Jason jokes anyway.  I’ll take a wild guess that Jason won’t be stopping by to help Rebecca at the Inn just to spend extra time with her anytime soon – or ever.

Michael and I went up to his room after we’d finished in the kitchen and spent more than an hour playing music.  We had a guitar lesson first, and then played our saxophones for a while.  We followed that up with a short, non-verbal sort of chat; and then went downstairs to hang out in the living room with his parents, Rebecca, and Jason.  Miranda still teased us that we shouldn’t save up all of the rests for the end of our music practices; but we mostly spent the rest of our evening talking sports again while half-watching television.

I haven’t mentioned this before, but Miranda and Jacob are cuddlers – just as my parents are – so they always snuggle together when relaxing in the living room.  The reason I bring that up is because Jason kept looking at them like they were aliens, and while I know that lots of parents don’t do that, and my friends think that my parents are an exception because they’re practically still newlyweds; I don’t get why most kids and teens wouldn’t look at that and hope they get to be so lucky when they’re ‘old and married with kids’.

I sure hope that I will be!

Jason certainly thought that I was an alien – or at least a Stepford kid – when I got ready to head home way earlier than his weekday curfew required, but my night wasn’t over, and even if I could stay later; I don’t like getting in the way of the early bedtimes that Jacob and Miranda need to have when they need to be up so early and get to the Inn.  Michael may have gotten razzed about walking me out to the front porch after he went inside again too; but the goodnight kiss was worth it – at least from my perspective.

I ran home through the rain, and since Ethan and Ehlana were out for the night; I was able to do my Magi lesson with Mom right away.  We did that in the office, and then Mom and Dad went up to bed when I came up to my room.  Let’s not think about what they’ve been doing since then with their two-thirds kid-free night – or before I got home – but I’m glad that they’ve had a good night too.

If you’re currently thinking that I’m being inconsistent, considering my comments about cuddling parents; I’m not.  Let’s just say that my personal comfort line with this is that I don’t want to see my parents – or Michael’s – doing anything around us that we wouldn’t want them seeing us doing.  I don’t need to know the intimate details either; but that doesn’t mean I don’t still want to have that kind of a relationship with my future husband – because I definitely do want that a lot.  I’m fairly sure that happily ever after isn’t supposed to mean ‘or until you get old and have kids’.

Okay, that’s enough of that – let’s move along.

While my parents were, um, busy; I started out by having a soak in my Jacuzzi while multi-tasking my language studies.  I had chats with Michael and Rowen too, but only via text messages – no matter how much Michael would have loved a video chat while I was in the tub.  He was having a hard enough time dealing with just knowing that I was naked while sending text messages back and forth.  Rowen thought that was hilarious, and I’m glad that the two chats were separate; since she needed to entertain me with a litany of jokes that almost all had at least something to do with a play on the words ‘hard time’.

Those chats have a lot to do with why my thoughts keep drifting back to Michael and me – and the lack of play time for us.  That isn’t going to change over the next three days for sure; but I’m seriously thinking about kidnapping him for a few hours sometime this weekend – even if that’s on his Sunday afternoon break.  Now that’s a fun thought to drift off to sleep with, and I don’t have anything else so exciting to write about that I can’t wrap this up and move on into some very happy dreams, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!