Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - October 22, 2013



Alone time with Michael – check.  Wide awake and not at all sleepy – check.  All systems go – not exactly.

The way I’m feeling tonight is my own fault, because I knew that my period was going to start today; but that little tidbit of information didn’t register in my dreams last night while I was thinking about what Michael and I could have been doing tonight with that alone time.  It’s not as if I have a lot of personal experience with periods and boyfriends, but I can tell you for sure that I wasn’t feeling romantic tonight even while I was wishing that I did.

Michael handled the situation fairly well, though I’m not sure many other guys would have been as ready to deal with my direct, blunt honesty as smoothly.  That’s not to say that it still wasn’t a bit weird, because it was; but Michael helped me to laugh about it, and we settled for some quality cuddle time instead.  I’d like the chance to make that up to him soon, but the opportunity to do that isn’t very likely until after Halloween now.

Let’s not think about that, and move on with the report for today.

Tai Chi was indoors, and the regular weekday morning routine followed.  We worked on Halloween-themed songs in music class; had another test before noon; the guys played football at lunchtime; and after a fairly uneventful batch of afternoon classes, we wrapped up the school day with more spooky music during band practice just to have fun.  That was a nice change of pace, and though Michael, Rowen, and I are really like being in the band; we won’t actually have any performances until after Thanksgiving.  We were at the computer store for our homework session, though Tim was again a bit late after playing more football at the park; and he still had a bit of work left to get done later when Michael and I needed to go on to his house for dinner.

I think that Jacob likes our Tuesday night dinners as much as I do – or he at least seems to love an appreciative audience for his experimental gourmet meals.  That isn’t meant to suggest that there aren’t other people in town who appreciate some of his more exotic creations; but trying new, very different foods is definitely not for everyone.

Dinnertime is always fun at Michael’s house, and that’s as much because of the entertainment as it is the food.  Michael, Rebecca, and I took care of the clean-up, and then I went up to Michael’s room with him for our guitar lesson – and that alone time didn’t end up being what we’d both hoped it would be.  We had time for a little visit in the living room with his parents and Rebecca before I needed to go home; and the rest of my night after that has been fairly normal too.

By the time I finished helping Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana to bed and we did a long Healing lesson; it was past eleven when I started my studies and work on my computer.  My energy level was fairly low by then, but it wasn’t until a bit after two that being tired won out over pent-up energy that needed to be directed somewhere other than where I wished it had been going.  I wrapped up the work project I had been plugging away at for over an hour; and did one last email and news check before starting on this update.  We have a couple of work days ahead of us next before getting started with the weekend fun; so I really need to wrap this up and get some sleep.

At least in my dreams I don’t have to deal with real-life romantic inconveniences like periods!

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!