Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 6, 2013



We finally had a warm enough morning to go outside for Tai Chi by the river for the first time this spring!  It took a little extra work to do that, including dressing warmly enough and getting Ethan and Ehlana ready for some outdoor time; but it was worth the extra effort.

Rowen watched the twins while Mom, Dad, and I exercised, and then she and I were set free after we went inside so we could get ready for the day.  Mom took care of Ethan and Ehlana while we did that; and Dad cooked up pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast.  We ate, and Rowen kept Ethan and Ehlana entertained again while I helped Mom with the cleanup and Dad took his turn to grab a shower and get dressed; and then he and I went outside to get started on our first big spring cleanup day.  Rowen headed home then to meet up with her parents before going on to the store with them, and Mom and Alicia were kept busy with the usual Saturday morning housework and twin control.

Dad and I had to dodge a few sprinkles of rain at first, but we just worked in the storage barn while those short little showers moved through.  The barn needed a good once-over first, and then we cleaned and tuned up some canoes and bikes.  While the lawns were still damp from the rain, we also washed the truck and van; swept the porches, sidewalks, and driveway; and cleaned the front and back windows and doors.  That kept us busy until lunchtime, and after stopping for a soup and sandwiches meal; we all spent most of the afternoon outside.  That meant some quality play time at the park for Alicia, Ethan, and Ehlana, and yard work for Mom, Dad, and me.  I was in charge of the lawns – gathering downed branches; raking up everything else that had decided to come and spend the winter in our yard since our last fall clean-up; and bagging it all up.  A lot of that work was fairly gross, and had me wishing that I could apply a little Magi power to the job, but compared to the garden work that Mom was stuck with; I got off lucky.  Dad’s jobs weren’t always messier, but nearly all of his jobs were harder work than anything Mom or I were doing.

The work needed to get done, and I was happy to help, but I would have really liked to be able to enjoy one of the nicest weekend days we’ve had so far this year.  Ethan and Ehlana certainly had fun hanging out at the park with Alicia this afternoon, and I spent a fair bit of time while I worked thinking about how much fun it would have been to be out canoeing or biking with Rowen this afternoon instead of being up to my knees and elbows in piles of gross, wet leaves and the rest of the gook I was dealing with.  Rowen stopped in to see me once, but that was just on her way home from the computer store; and her parents had given her bonus chores too after finding out that I’d been drafted for an all-day work crew.

One good thing about working all day is that I didn’t have any tween drama in my life for the first time in what feels like weeks; though I didn’t actually think about that at all until I was soaking in my Jacuzzi a little while ago.  By the time we stopped for the day and had dinner, I wasn’t really thinking about much of anything except the need for that Jacuzzi time and going to bed early.  Mom and Dad were feeling the same way, but Ethan and Ehlana needed to have a little fun time with us first, so after cleaning up from dinner, we went for a walk; had little visits with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne and Grandma and Grandpa at their houses; played at the school playground; and watched a little television together after getting home before they were ready to go to bed for the night.

I spent more than an hour in my bathroom after that, and then I played my keyboard for a little while before climbing into bed and cuddling with Mandy.  There isn’t anything particularly exciting to report from my usual nightly computing checks, and nothing else newsworthy from around town either; so I guess that’s it for tonight.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!