Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 13, 2013



I’m having my second sleepover in a row tonight – this time at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house while Ethan and Ehlana are spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa.  Let’s not go into what Mom and Dad are doing with their kid-free night; though I am glad that they’re getting some alone time ahead of Dad’s trip to Crystal Springs next week.

It’s been an interesting day that, for me, started with Tai Chi for one at Rowen’s house.  I had a secret admirer watching me while I exercised, though I’m sure he doesn’t know that I was aware he was there.  At least I didn’t have both boys trying to mess up my workout, though they got right into goof mode as soon as they saw that Rowen and I were in good moods this morning.  Fortunately for us, Rowen’s parents needed to get to the computer store early, and we were all kept busy between getting ready for the day; having breakfast; and cleaning up before I headed home and everyone else went to the store.

I found out about the sleepover plans for tonight while doing the Friday recaps with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana.  They all had a fun, busy day too; and though I guess I wouldn’t trade going to Gil’s party for what they were doing instead; it would have been nice not to have any of the tween drama.  It was barely above freezing when Dad and I went outside to get started on our chores, but it warmed up a little every hour; and at least we had some sunshine to enjoy.  We worked outside until noon, and then I had a quick shower before moving on to clean my rooms until we stopped for lunch at a bit after one.  Mom set me free after that, so I grabbed my bike and went to meet up with Rowen at the computer store.

She’d already been done work by then and had gone home to get her own bike; so we were ready to ride right away.  I wasn’t surprised to see Michael and Tim over at Landry Automotive just getting ready to go for a ride too.  As usual, Rowen and Tim found a lot of entertainment value out of our ‘chance’ meeting, though I’m not complaining because we had fun going for that ride.  We started out with another construction site tour, and then pushed the limits of Michael’s break time by doing something I hadn’t done before – riding out to the next-nearest bridge crossing the Ridge River to the west of town.  We went out there on the North side of the river, and came back on Witch Falls Road through the valley.

When Rowen talked me into having our post-ride snack break at the Inn, I was suspicious, but thought we might be safe; since Michael needed to be back at work to help get ready for the dinner rush.  I should’ve trusted my first instinct, because before I knew it; Tim accepted an invitation too, and Miranda instantly went from starting to tease Michael about being late to deciding that he could have a little extra time off to join us for our break while he cooled off from our ride.  For the next half hour, Michael and I did absolutely nothing, yet managed to entertain our best friends; his family; and pretty much everyone else at the Inn.  I did get to have an Olde Bakery double-chocolate square, and most of the teasing was funny too, but that whole scene has already made the town grapevine news network; and I predict more tween drama in my future by tomorrow or Monday.

After leaving the Inn, Rowen and I went home; spent some time playing with Ethan and Ehlana; and then I needed to pack my bag and head over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s while Mom and Dad got the twins ready for their sleepover.  Grandma and Grandpa were picking them up by the time I was ready to go, and Rowen walked with them as far as the computer store when they left while I went over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s place.

Not only had Aunt Leanne already heard about my bike ride and snack break at the Inn, but she had the added news that one of Michael’s cousins had gone into labor; and Jacob’s parents were about to be great-grandparents for the first time very soon.  Those news stories gave her lots of material to tease me with – including suggestions that I could invite Michael and Rebecca to stay at my house if their parents needed to go and spend a couple of days with Jacob’s family like she expected them to do on their days off on Monday and Tuesday.

I’m really glad that Aunt Leanne’s teasing was more than offset by a really great meal that Uncle Adam cooked for us; more Olde Bakery treats; a movie and a makeover night; and some bedtime girl chat that included a little more teasing, but also some serious talk about the tween drama I’m dealing with.  Aunt Leanne had some suggestions for me, and I might even try a couple of them to see if they help.

That won’t include crossing over, or any of your ideas that required up close and personal time with Michael, Aunt Leanne – and by the time you get to read this; you’ll know that I didn’t do any of those things, so stop grinning like that.

Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam went to bed about an hour ago, and I’ve mostly just been surfing the net on my computer since we wrapped up our girl chat.  We’ve had a little rain tonight, and there’s more in the forecast for tomorrow, but it’s supposed to be really warm too; and I’m hoping that we’ll get some outdoor play time tomorrow afternoon before the rain moves in again.  We definitely seem to be getting more than our fair share of April showers this year.  I should probably finish this up and get some sleep, but I seem to be having problems winding down nearly every night lately.  I’m sure that Aunt Leanne and Rowen would both have the same explanation for that, and they may be partly right if you include worrying about the tween drama; but there’s more than that going on – and it’s happening on more than just an emotional level.  I really wish there were better archive records about the tween years for Magi Masters, though that might not have helped anyway; since all of this seems to be different for me than it was for Mom.  If I do ever figure it all out, I’ll let you know, but for now, I’m going to at least make an attempt to get some sleep.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!