Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 22, 2013



If Rowen were here tonight, she’d be telling me that my top news story should be having Michael hang out with me in my bedroom after school.

Of course she might skip mentioning that she was there too; and so were Rebecca, Ethan, and Ehlana.  That sort of takes the edge off of a non-story; doesn’t it?

There was actually more to my day before then, though I guess it was fairly standard and uneventful up to that point.  Tai Chi was indoors because it was too cool out for Ethan and Ehlana; and there wasn’t anything exciting going on at home between then and when Rowen met up with me and we headed for school.  The top Grade Seven chat topic today was Brock’s party; and I caught a few jokes directed at Michael about having two girls hanging all over him all evening – and then going home with two other girls.  Michael didn’t seem to mind the jokes and jabs, and I guess that the fact that he’s getting teased about that sort of thing means that we’re all trying to move on after weeks of being very cautious about anything like that about either Michael or Lisa.  It wasn’t raining this morning, so we had Phys-Ed class outside and played soccer.  Rowen and I were outside for most of our lunch break – as were most of the kids and teens.  We went for a walk, and hung out on the bleachers while some of the guys were mostly just goofing off out on the football field.  We had a test and a quiz in two out of three of our afternoon classes, so there isn’t anything exciting to report there – even Dad doesn’t really get excited about the steady stream of A+ marks anymore.

So we’re set free from school for the day, and Rowen and I end up walking home with Rebecca and Michael.  Their best friends are busy with their respective boyfriend and girlfriend; and Rowen easily convinced them to hang out with us instead of going home and doing their homework on their own.  I happen to know that the Olde Bakery treats we had for our snack were leftovers that would have been dessert tonight if Mom hadn’t used them for our snack instead, but my adorable little brother and sister happily helped Rowen out by both entertaining our guests and finding creative little ways to nudge Michael and me together.

We needed to get our homework done before playing with Ethan and Ehlana; and sat at the table in the lounge to do that.  While Rebecca had different assignments that Michael, Rowen, and I did, we all had fun and work really well together.  Rebecca isn’t quite the straight-A student that Michael is, but she’s not far off; and is definitely a better student than Jenny – though that’s mostly because Jenny doesn’t rate school or homework very high on her priority list.  While she’d never admit it, I’m sure that Rebecca liked studying with us more than with Jenny.  Maybe Rowen and I will invite her over more often so she can do that.

Our studying actually takes longer when we have friends over, but that is offset with the bonus fun; and Ethan and Ehlana made sure that we were thoroughly entertained when we were done and could play with them.  They wanted to do a music practice first, and followed that up with some video game action that Michael probably can never tell the guys about.  I doubt that half of his friends even know that there are video games that are geared toward girls or toddlers.  Sesame Street and Lego games just don’t rate the same as the latest fighting and racing games.  Michael and Ethan played some racing games too, though, so that at least won’t be a reputation killer.

I should just skip reporting on those little matchmaking nudges, but Rowen will ask me about it tomorrow; and will just give me a hard time about it if I skip her favorite parts of our day.  She thought that it was very funny every time Ethan or Ehlana would do something that Michael or I had to react to and always ended with us being close together.  Ehlana even pounced on me hard enough to knock me into Michael so that he put an arm out to catch me while holding on to Ethan with the other.  Then there was the running around that ended several times with them leading Michael and me to practically run into each other as we caught them.  It’s funny how that wasn’t a problem when it was Rebecca or Rowen helping with the chase.  There was definitely collusion involved when Michael and I were deserted while dealing with the clean-up in the lounge when it was time for Michael, Rebecca, and Rowen to head home.  Ethan and Ehlana wanted Rebecca and Rowen to take them downstairs to Mom and Dad; and they all looked suspiciously happy when Michael and I joined them in the kitchen.

Again, for the ‘I have not crossed over’ concept-challenged – nothing happened during the four or five minutes that Michael and I were alone.

The rest of my evening has been a fairly standard Monday night.  We had dinner; I was on the clean-up crew; Mom did Magi lessons with Ethan, Ehlana, and me; and we had a little play time before putting the twins to bed for the night.  I’ve been doing my usual school night bedtime studying, and the only news from the computer checks is that the baseball sign-ups for this season were posted on the town intranet tonight.  I’m excited about that because Rowen and I move to the twelve-to-fourteen girls division; and I’m really hoping that we’ll get to play with Rebecca, Jenny, Caroline Landry, and the other girls.  Getting to play for Coach Sarah again would be cool too.

That’s all I have for tonight, and I’m ready to call it a night and get some sleep, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!