Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 26, 2013



I go to school every day in a building that Uncle Blaine designed, and have seen everything he’s made for our future plans projects in Witch Falls, but that’s a lot different than spending the night in the house he made for his own family.  It’s been really great to finally get to spend a weekend in Granite Park; though getting there tonight wasn’t so much fun.

We haven’t actually done much since getting here, but before I get to that; let’s do the rest of the daily recap first.

The rain had already started falling by the time we got up for Tai Chi this morning.  I’m pretty sure this the wettest spring we’ve had here since Mom and I moved to Witch Falls; and I am way-past being ready for some consecutive days of sun and warm whenever Mother Nature decides to cooperate.  At least we got to wind down the school week with our Day One schedule classes.  Add in a bonus, rainy-day music practice with Rowen and Michael; and I had a pretty good day.  Rowen was working at the computer store after school to make up for taking Thursday off, but I had time to stop in for a visit before heading home; and we had our snack break there with her parents and brother.

Once I did get home, I needed to pack for our trip; and Ethan and Ehlana helped me out with that while Mom was busy dealing with a few chores that needed to be done before we left.  Dad and Aunt Leanne both came home from the office, and I helped Dad with getting the minivan loaded.  One new change for this trip was having Ethan and Ehlana’s car seats moved to the back bench.  If this trip was any indication; that won’t always be fun for me whenever I need to be sandwiched in between them; though it won’t be a big deal for shorter trips.

Once we were ready to go, our first stop was at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house so we could get their luggage; and then we drove over to the clinic to get Uncle Adam before heading out of town.  We had to wait about fifteen minutes while he dealt with a late walk-in patient, so it was after six by the time he was ready to go.  While I’ve only been to Granite Park once, I know that the travel time should be about three hours; but can be a lot longer depending on the traffic.  The rain made the trip tough enough for Dad and Uncle Adam; the traffic was a mess; and there were three accidents along the way that slowed us down too.  Even with just one stop for fast food and a washroom break, we didn’t get to Granite Park until ten-thirty.

It was still raining when we got to Uncle Blaine’s house, so while Mom, Aunt Leanne, and the twins were sent straight inside; I was recruited to help unload the van.  Uncle Blaine, Grandpa Duncan, and Aunt Grace all helped too; so it didn’t take long to get everything inside – or into Aunt Grace’s car for Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s luggage and computer bag.  While I’m thinking about my aunts, I was going to mention that Doc Johnson is on call this weekend while Uncle Adam is away; and he’s hoping that Aunt Deborah has her baby before Sunday so he can deliver one of his great-grandchildren for the first time.  Aunt Deborah would likely be good with that plan – as long as Uncle Adam and I get back in time to give her the same new baby gift that we gave Mom after Ethan and Ehlana were born.

Moving the story along, once we were all inside, and worked our way through the welcoming hugs and kisses; Jaimie and Kaitlyn wanted to take me on a tour of their house while the adults were visiting and passing Jayden, Ethan, and Ehlana around.  That tour started with showing me to my room so I could drop off my suitcase and computer bag, and moved on to their bedrooms; their playroom/family room; and the rest of the house in diminishing order of importance to my cousins.  We eventually ended up in the living room with the rest of our family, and spent the next hour or so having a little visit before Aunt Leanne was tired out and ready to go home with Aunt Grace; and they got ready to head out with Uncle Adam.  Grandpa Duncan and Grandma Mercy decided to go home then too, and once everyone else was gone, I was put in charge of helping Jaimie and Kaitlyn get ready for bed while the parents were busy doing the same with Jayden and the twins.

Dad took care of the bedtime story that we sat in on in Jayden’s room, and then I ended up having a cuddle buddy for the night.  Aunt Alison ended up flipping a coin to avoid an argument with Jaimie and Kaitlyn, and while Jaimie was disappointed; she’ll be doing a sleepover with me tomorrow night.  The good news for me is that while Kaitlyn was very excited to be hanging out with me tonight; she didn’t manage to stay awake for long after we climbed into bed.

I’ve been doing my usual nightly computer checks since she fell asleep, and had a few email to answer before moving on to this update.  I should probably get some sleep.  Jaimie and Kaitlyn assure me we’re going to have a busy, best-ever kind of day tomorrow; so I should make sure I’m ready for all of that fun.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!