Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 18, 2013



Happy 46th birthday, Jacob!

The business owners in town often don’t really get to celebrate their birthdays, but Jacob and Miranda might have the toughest time with that; since they can’t even go out to dinner or anything unless their big day happens to fall on a day off or holiday.  Jacob did get to have a bit of a party during game night, but that really wasn’t much more than a birthday cake as part of the snacks and getting to open a few gifts from his friends.

Before I get to that, let’s do a quick review of the rest of my day first.

The big story for me might be that Lisa completely left me alone today.  I’m fairly sure that is completely because of what she said to me yesterday, and that’ll be a very weird turn of events if those insults wind up being what helps her get over being mad at me.  For now, it’s enough for me not to have those icy glares; I didn’t hear even one nasty, whispered comment; and nobody followed me around – not even when Michael joined Rowen and me for our lunchtime music practice; and there weren’t any of Lisa’s friends at game night either.

While I’m thinking and writing about this, I’d like to mention that I did think about just leaving yesterday’s incident out of my journal.  If you’re reading this in the future, you know that everyone in our town keeps moments like this private.  It’s one thing to publically be mad at someone, and another to talk about something like this when it was really just a thoughtless, heat-of-the-moment mistake.  By the time this is available to other Magi to read, it’ll be long past, and I trust that you will allow it to stay there; but I decided to include it just to record an instance that shows that things like this do happen here in Witch Falls.  I love the fact that we all strive to have a nicer, better place to live with our families and friends, but I think it’s just as important to know that we’re not perfect either.

If we were, I wouldn’t suck so much at being a tween! ;^)

Moving along, the change in the atmosphere at school helped make for a really good day for me; though the extra sleep last night helped too.  Rowen and I were both working after school, and I mostly played with summer-themed projects and plans straight through until Mom had me stop to have dinner.  It’s been another rainy day, so Mom drove us to the Inn in the minivan; and we were there in time to help out with getting everything set up for the games.  We also had a pair of birthday gifts for Jacob – one from all of us; and one that I’d picked up for him.  Don’t make a big deal of that – I love Miranda and Jacob because they made Mom and I feel like we were home practically from the moment we me them; and for everything else they’ve done for us since then.

Miranda was going to have a tough choice tonight – stick with her usual game night partner on his birthday or have Mom on her team like she usually does when Dad’s in the city.  It would be a great birthday story to report that Jacob won the senior championship tonight, but that didn’t happen; and he made the team decision for Miranda so that she didn’t have to choose.  The good news for Jacob is that Miranda and Mom did win tonight; and he received some celebration promises from his wife that I don’t need to write about here.

Rowen and I had a lot of fun playing games, and for me, that was mostly because I didn’t feel like I needed to be watching my back any time I was anywhere near Michael; or actually having fun hanging out with him and Rebecca.  They had a pretty good gaming night too, and came in third for the junior competition.  Mom took Ethan and Ehlana home right after the games were over, but Rowen and I stayed to help Jake and Stephanie with the clean-up while they sent Jacob and Miranda home then too.  Yes, Michael and Rebecca stayed too; we walked home together; and all of my friends got goodnight hugs from me as we split up first at the Stone’s house, and when I hugged Rowen before she left me to run the rest of the way to her home from mine.  Let’s skip the Michael-teasing she had for me between those two moments, and not just because her insistence that Michael’s hug had been longer than the ones for Jake, Stephanie, or Rebecca was totally untrue.

By the time I got inside, Mom pretty much had Ethan and Ehlana ready for bed, but we did a little Magi lesson with them, and she did another lesson with me before I came up to my room for the rest of the night.  I multi-tasked some Jacuzzi time with my archive homework; did my usual nightly computing while getting ready for bed; and then I spent the last hour or so on my language studies.  The extra sleep last night helped a lot, but it’s late, and I’m ready to call it a night now, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!