Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 25, 2013

I should have been getting some extra sleep tonight, but it took a while to get everything done so I’d be ready to go away for the weekend; and that’s only left me with enough time for a long nap.

Everyone in Witch Falls loved getting to have a nice spring weather day; though it was still too cool this morning for Tai Chi by the river.  It was a bit busier than normal around the house this morning.  Mom was going to get some of her errands out of the way today, so Dad and I took turns with her to get Ethan and Ehlana ready for a bonus morning at KidZone while she was busy; and that slowed me down enough that Rowen collected me on her way to school instead of either meeting outside or at her house like we usually did.

I haven’t written about it yet this week, but the big story around the school today is the upcoming Grade Eight trip.  It’s one of just two major trips that happen at our school, with the other being the Grade Twelve, senior class trip in mid-May.  While the Senior class students get to choose where they go; the Grade Eight trip is always to Washington D.C.  This year, it’s a bigger deal for the Grade Seven students because we’re just a year away from it being our turn; and because we all have close friends who will be on the trip.  Rebecca and Jenny are getting really fired up now, and while I haven’t thought about it much; they’ll be in Washington by the time I get home from Granite Park on Sunday night.

There isn’t much else to report from school.  We had another test this morning, and an assignment due.  Rowen, Michael, and I skipped our lunchtime music practice and spent that time outdoors instead.  No, Michael did not hang out with Rowen and me, and that’s probably a good thing; since we spent some of our time skipping – mostly turning the rope – with Jessica Bassett and a few of her friends.  That kind of thing could destroy a guy’s reputation with his buddies!  Thanks to the sunshine, and especially the continuing, complete lack of personal tween drama, I had a really good day at school; but Rowen and I were ready to get outside and do a little bike riding once we were set free for the day and had our homework out of the way.

We biked out to the caves and back, and while it isn’t always fun being a tween, getting taller and stronger does have advantages.  Our developing physical abilities and the new bikes are going to make a big difference with how far we’ll be able to travel on our little outings this spring and summer.  There wasn’t much time to actually explore the caves, but the goal of the ride was to see if we could get out there and back – and to have some quiet girl-chat time while we had the privacy.  Rowen needed to talk about ‘Tommy’ for a while.  I guess there really wasn’t anything specifically new going on with him, but Rowen continues to be amazed and annoyed by just how incredibly dense boys our age can be.  I should mention that Rowen and I do like ‘Tommy’s’ girlfriend; though we’re not close friends with her.  We also certainly know why they’re dating.  What drives Rowen nuts is that they have almost no common interests except for the physical attraction.

Okay, so maybe ‘Tommy’ – and most other guys our age – only thinks about one interest most of the time right now; but you know what I mean.  Rowen has crossed over, so it’s not as if she doesn’t feel that physical attraction too, but she also knows more about ‘Tommy’ than he or anyone else would suspect.  She’s tried teasing me that I have that same thing with Michael, but you could say that about me to varying degrees with everyone I know thanks to my special abilities and photographic memory.  That’s more true for the people closest to me; but only because I have more experiences and memories with them.

Getting back to the story, though, I think Rowen is as upset about not having anything to do this weekend as she is about what, according to the girl-chat network at school, ‘Tommy’ and his girlfriend are doing.  For that, I’ll just mention that one set of parents are going to be out on a date night, and let you figure the rest out for yourselves.  Rowen may especially wish that she was Tommy’s girlfriend for moments like that, but they’re all just in the tweeird zone from my side of the crossing over line perspective.

We ended up keeping Rowen for dinner tonight, and met up with her parents and brother – and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne – before walking over to the Inn for game night.  Aunt Leanne took that opportunity to play matchmaker and tease me about Michael on a regular basis, but we all mostly had fun with that tonight, and Rowen and I topped off a really good afternoon and evening by winning the junior championship.  That was actually because I was having too much fun to pay attention to how we were doing on the scoreboard compared to the other kid and teen teams, but I guess we are getting old enough now that it isn’t a complete shock for our team to win once in a while.  Rowen was almost as fired up about winning as Miranda gets when she wins; so it was fun to see that too.

I needed to do some bonus goodbye hugs and kisses when it was time to go home.  Including Michael in that round of hugs was a tough call, but I decided that hugging him tonight with just our families around was a better option than it would be doing that after school tomorrow before I head out for the weekend.  The jury’s still out as to whether avoiding potential tween drama tomorrow was worth being teased by Aunt Leanne during the entire walk home or not.

It’s been all work since getting home; starting with getting Ethan and Ehlana in and out of the tub; ready for bed; and tucked in for the night.  Mom wanted to do a Magi lesson with me, since we won’t be able to do that for the next couple or three days; so that was next on the list while Dad went to work in the office.  After biking and the little bit of cave exploring we did, I needed to spend some time with my Jacuzzi, so that was next on my to-do list; but I worked on my computer the entire time too.  This time, I started with my language studies; did my nightly computer checks while doing my hair and getting ready for bed; and wrapped up with my archive assignment and a little bit of family business work that came up via email tonight.

That pretty much covers everything for today, and I really do need to get started on that nap, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!