Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 5, 2013



I love the weekends as much as any kid or teen, but this was also one of those ‘thank God it’s Friday’ weeks too; and I was so ready to have a couple of days off when we were set free from last class today.

While Lisa didn’t have anything at all to say to me today, there was still ice in the air that put a chill on an otherwise nice Spring day – at least for me.  When you’re a member of a small, small-town class, I’m finding out that it can really make the tween drama tough to deal with – especially when three or four out of eleven girls feel the need to pick sides.  Rowen didn’t choose to pick a side, but apparently being best friends with me was enough to have her allegiance declared for her.  More than half the guys either tried to stay out of it completely or stood with their girlfriends and kept their mouths shut.  That made for an occasionally tweeird day at school, though I mostly tried to just focus on my work and keep a low profile.

After school, Rowen and I had our snack with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; got our homework out of the way; and then grabbed our new bikes with plans to enjoy the warm weather with a nice long ride.  When we got to the park, we stopped to join the group of kids, tweens, and teens that were gathered around Tim and admiring the new mountain bike that his Mom had apparently picked up for him earlier this week while doing a rush parts run in Crystal Springs.  Rowen and I had gone through that to a lesser extent after getting our bikes, but Tim’s new toy was three or four steps up on the cool scale from ours; and it really is an awesome bike.

Nora was hanging out with Tim and Michael; and I was mildly back into the tweeird zone when Michael invited Rowen and I to go riding with them.  That didn’t have anything to do with Lisa this time – it was because Rowen and I both like trail riding, even if it gets a bit messy on the dirt trails that nearly every guy in town has helped to make in the woods at the park over the years; and Nora did not want to do that at all.  Rowen and I were able to impress Michael, Tim, and some of the other guys who were out riding the trails too by keeping up with them, and doing all of the little jumps too instead of using the ride-arounds that were there for the younger kids.  Tim did eventually catch on that Nora wasn’t having fun playing in the woods; and we took our ride out on the road.  We checked out the construction site for the lab and rode a mile or so out River Road; then came back into town and did a loop of the new section of town before Rowen and I decided to move on and spend a little time with Ethan and Ehlana before dinner.

We dropped our bikes off at home; picked them up; and went to the park playground until we needed to be home again in time for a late dinner that Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah all joined us for.  Sitting down to eat had needed to wait until after Hannah and Nathan were settled in at home with Hailey, and though Mom and baby were doing fine; they’d both needed a little extra attention and recovery time today after a long, tough labor yesterday.  Half of our dinner guests were exhausted by then, and the movie part of our Friday night dinner and a movie was cancelled.  While the aunts and uncles were sent home, Rowen and I helped Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa with the kitchen clean-up; and then we all took Ethan and Ehlana out for a walk.  We stopped at Rowen’s house so she could grab a few things for our sleepover; followed that up with some play time at the school playground; walked Grandma and Grandpa home after that; and collected Rowen’s parents and brother from the computer store on our way home so they could join us for a little after-work bedtime snack visit.

We had fun doing that, but it wasn’t long before Rowen’s parents wanted to head home and get some sleep – they’re always really busy during tax deadline time; and Tax Day is only a bit more than a week away now.  Rowen and I helped get Ethan and Ehlana to bed after her parents and brother left, and then we came up to the lounge to end our night with a little girl chat and movie time with Mandy.

Rowen didn’t tease me about Michael at all tonight – or at least she didn’t in a matchmaking sort of way, but we did talk about him and Lisa; tween boys and girls in general; and a bit about ‘Tommy’ and his girlfriend too.  Even though I’m still running into too much tween drama for my liking, there was no chance that Rowen could convince me I’d have been better off crossing over to her side of the line.  She still thinks I should join her and make the big jump to that next level, but conceded that I’d been given lots of good examples this week for why I shouldn’t want to have anything to do with the whole tween dating scene.

We talked about how I should deal with the whole mess with Lisa, since it really isn’t fun having about a third of our classmates either mad at me or at least ignoring me to keep the peace with their girlfriends or closest buddies.  Mom probably won’t home school me for the rest of the school year while the whole thing blows over, and while a week or two of daily Olde Bakery treats bribery for all of our classmates likely would work; it just doesn’t seem right to do that.  I am sure that I won’t be going back to handling the tween drama like I was before – there is way too much fun to look forward to this Spring and Summer to be trying to bottle up my normal, fired-up self.  Since that fun will likely include some time hanging out with Michael and Tim – especially since we all really love bike riding, and three out of four of us like our lunchtime music practices, I hope Lisa will get over being mad sooner rather than later; but I’m not holding my breath on that happening.

Rowen needed to do a little venting about ‘Tommy’ too.  She was particularly annoyed this afternoon when the guys were all impressed with our trail riding.  Yes, as I mentioned earlier, she loved the attention, but isn’t happy that the guys still barely notice that she is, in fact, a girl; and she’s beginning to wonder if she’ll ever be able to shake her brainiac bookworm image with ‘Tommy’ or any other guy at school.  I didn’t have any more answers for her about that than I have for my own tween problems, but if nothing changes between now and summertime; I am sure that all of the guys around our age will definitely notice that she’s a girl when we start wearing swimsuits, tees and shorts, and sundresses this year.

Our movie is nearly over now, and Rowen and I are both ready to get some sleep, so I’m going to wrap this up; watch the rest of the show; and then call it a night.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!