Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 14, 2013



Congratulations, Stone family – it’s a boy!

Though Jacob and Miranda haven’t been able to spend much time with Jacob’s side of the family since his parents moved to Garden City to be closer to his sister and her family; they’re both very excited about the arrival of their first grand-nephew.

You’re probably wondering why I’m even mentioning this, since I haven’t even actually met Michael’s cousins – though I have seen them around before on some of their visits.  It’s news for me because my darling Aunt Leanne was right about Jacob and Miranda going to Garden City on Monday and Tuesday; and she happily volunteered herself – and Mom – to help out with anything Jake, Rebecca, and Michael might need while their parents were away.  Her emphasis on helping Michael was not lost on anyone; and since Dad was going to be in the city anyway, Mom was immediately hired as parental back-up while Jacob and Miranda are out of town.  Since they could have gotten that support just as easily from Miranda’s side of the family; I don’t have to guess at why Miranda and Aunt Leanne were both so happy to have Mom doing that instead.

I don’t want to go to sleep thinking about what Aunt Leanne will come up with over the next couple of days to move her matchmaking plans along; so let’s get started on the rest of the daily report.

Though it wasn’t really quite warm enough for it, Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and I went out by the river for Tai Chi this morning.  We went with a light breakfast, and then Aunt Leanne entertained herself by playing dress-up with me – including doing the full hair styling and adding a touch or two of makeup.  We still managed to get to church on time, and she was very happy when the primary goal of her efforts was achieved.  Let’s not go there either – she totally took advantage of knowing that I love playing dress-up as much as she does; and what girl wouldn’t melt at getting that kind of reaction from a boy – even a girl who hasn’t crossed over yet?

I’d like to report that there wasn’t any more tween drama than that today, but I wasn’t that lucky.  Lisa had heard about our snack break at the Inn by the time we went to Sunday school, so I was getting the cold shoulder for that instead of the thaw I’d hoped for after staying out of trouble at Gil’s party.  Michael’s frequent glances in my direction didn’t help; and neither did a couple of jokes Tim directed my way.  Trading that scene for the one after church where my aunt was volunteering my Mom for surrogate parent wasn’t an improvement; but having lunch outdoors after getting home definitely helped to get the fun going again for all of us.  Mom and Dad invited their kid sleepover babysitters to have lunch with us, and we had Rowen, Uncle Nick, and Aunt Deborah with us too.  Since Monday is tax day, Rowen’s parents were at the computer store for most of the rest of the day; so Rowen was free to hang out with me until after dinner.

We managed to have lunch and get some play time at the park with Ethan and Ehlana before it started raining.  The rest of our afternoon included some music time; a movie in the lounge; and a little science lab action before we needed to get ready for dinner at the Inn.  Rowen, Ehlana, and I dressed up again, and Mom and Dad had us in the dining room at the Inn nearly ten minutes before we were supposed to be meeting Grandma, Grandpa, and the rest of our group.  I did not use the extra time for a visit to the kitchen, though Rowen tried her best to get me to do that.  I almost managed to avoid any tweeird zone moments, but Aunt Leanne caught me again after dinner by reminding me that Jacob and Miranda would be going away for a couple of days; and I really should say goodbye to Jacob.

Yeah, I know that nothing is likely going to happen to them, but ever since Mom and Dad’s plane accident, I don’t take that kind of thing for granted anymore; and Aunt Leanne knows it.  She was also likely sure that I wouldn’t do a round of hugs and exclude Michael – which I didn’t.  He was already getting razzed about it before I’d left the kitchen; and I’m sure that’ll be one more story that reaches Lisa by tomorrow morning.

Aunt Leanne didn’t get much of a chance to tease me about that, since she and Uncle Adam had other plans for the evening, and Dad needed to get home and back to his work; but Rowen was happy to make up for that while we hung out together in my room and the lounge until her parents picked her up on their way home from the store.  Mom did a Magi lesson with us – and with Ethan and Ehlana; we had another music practice; and played some video games before doing the bedtime snack for the twins that Mom, Dad, Patricia, Owen, and Patrick all joined us for.

I came up to my room after Rowen left while Mom and Dad put Ethan and Ehlana to bed.  Some quality Jacuzzi time was first on my bedtime to-do list; and I’ve been doing the full school night studying and nightly computing since climbing into bed with Mandy.  It’s heading toward two o’clock now, and even Mom and Dad have been asleep now for a while.  I need to get some sleep too – it’s going to be busy just with the extra work Mom and I will have with taking care of Ethan and Ehlana while Dad’s away.  Add in a few birthdays – including Dillon’s eighteenth; tax day tomorrow; and everything else we’ve got going on this week, and I’m going to need to get some rest whenever I can.  There isn’t anything else to add, and right now seems to be a very good time to at least attempt to get some sleep, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!