Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Cassie's Journal - April 4, 2013



Congratulations, Hannah, Nathan, and Aiden – it’s a girl!

Hailey Anne Draper was born at ten after eight this evening; weighed in at six pounds, nine ounces; and looks just like her beautiful Mommy.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I know that she’ll have the same blue eyes as her father and brother; but it’ll be a while before everyone else finds out about that.  Hannah went into labor shortly after opening the bakery this morning; and news of Hailey’s arrival reached the Inn while we were there for game night.

Before I get to the rest of that story, though, let’s back up and recap the rest of what’s been another one of those tweeird zone days for me.

It actually feels like Spring again, though not quite warm enough in the early morning to take our Tai Chi out by the river yet.  I really hope it won’t be much longer before we can do that!  We had a standard school and work day breakfast, and I was ready to go early enough to meet up with Rowen at her house before going on to school.  While we were getting to enjoy a nice weather day, it was considerably colder for me in every class today.  There wasn’t a peep on the school grapevine that had anything to do with Michael and me, but I knew that something had gotten Lisa fired up in a bad way; and she was empathically screaming at me pretty much right from the first time she saw me this morning.

Lisa was momentarily diverted when she came into first class with her friends and found a little treat gift on her desk, but that didn’t distract her for long; and I was on the receiving end of icy glares and frowns all the way through until lunchtime.  I was ready to escape all of that by then; ate my lunch in record time; and headed for the music room ahead of Rowen while she finished eating.  Michael came with Rowen, and we were apparently witnessed by someone looking too chummy and happy; because Lisa met up with Rowen and me on our way to Social Studies, and wanted to have a little talk with me.

While Stephanie was probably the only person who knew what had happened last night with Michael and me, Lisa had gotten the news flash that I’d spent some do-not-disturb alone time with him at the Inn; and as soon as Rowen left us alone; she hit me with the full ‘I hope you’re happy – didn’t take you long to steal my boyfriend’ rant.

Just as a momentary aside; do all Magi Masters suck at being tweens?  There really isn’t much of anything written about dealing with ‘normal’ tween and teen life, but there’s no doubt in my mind that I don’t do tween very well at all.

Keeping all of the secrets I have is one thing, but I don’t like lying.  Unfortunately, Lisa alternated between accepting anything that could be twisted to fit her theory; doubting anything that didn’t; and accusing me of flat-out lying to her half the time.  Trying to remind her that I hadn’t even crossed over and wasn’t interested in dating any boys earned a derisive laugh and a comment that I won’t repeat here.  She was all too happy to believe me when I agreed with her assertion that I did, in fact, love Michael; but then she instantly flipped back to disbelief when I told her that had nothing to do with the fact that I still don’t want to date him – or any other boy.  The rest of the details of our little chat should probably be left unreported.  Lisa really is nice, but she’s hurt; needs to be angry at someone; and just totally lost it for a while.

We were late getting to class, and needless to say, we didn’t end that tweeird zone moment with a hug, but getting that out of her system did at least seem to drain some of the anger out of Lisa; and she pretty much ignored me for the rest of the afternoon.  Not having the glares and frowns was better, and the empathic vibes were only a problem if I was close enough to her – which I tried hard not to be whenever possible.

Rowen and I were tempted to skip work after school so we could enjoy the nice weather, but decided against that; and I went home to work in the office after stopping in for a short visit with her parents at the computer store.  Alicia took Ethan and Ehlana to the park to play, so I was able to kick things up into Magi-gear while they were gone; and had everything I wanted to get done finished in time to help Mom with making dinner.  Since Uncle Adam was busy at the clinic, Aunt Leanne had dinner with us too, and after cleaning up, we went for a walk; collected Grandma and Grandpa along the way; and eventually ended up at the Inn for game night.

I was not surprised to find out that Lisa wasn’t there tonight, but two of her friends were; and I was really glad that nobody tried to pair me up with Michael.  Rebecca partnered with him instead; and they had fun together – something he needed as much as anything else right now.  Some of that fun happened when Rowen and I were competing directly against them, and Michael and I were being watched closely anytime we were near each other; so I probably wasn’t the only one feeling like I was in the tweeird zone now and then all evening.  There was no doubt that a full report would be sent to Lisa once her friends were home again, and though we didn’t give them anything ‘good’ that they might have been hoping for; I expect that a little reporter bias will make sure that Lisa gets whatever nuggets she needs to stay mad at me for a while longer.

Getting back to the news about Hailey’s birth, we officially got the news via a text message from Aunt Deborah, but Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I new through our link with Uncle Adam.  Dad and Aunt Leanne can’t sense some of the tiniest changes in our link, and we only felt something this time because Hailey is as special as her big brother is; and she kept the people who were there protecting her very busy while she was being born.  The gaming in the dining room didn’t stop, but we did have a rolling mini birthday celebration for the newest member of our town and her happy family.

While having a member of my family on the winning team for the game night Championship wasn’t as exciting as having a new baby was for the Drapers; that was still fun for us too.  Miranda had taken advantage of Aunt Leanne’s temporary single status to partner with her, and not only did they win, but I got the added bonus of having Aunt Leanne distracted enough with trying to get that win for Miranda that she didn’t even try to play matchmaker with me tonight.

We left the Inn right after the games were over and stopped in at the clinic on our way home.  I didn’t expect to get to meet Hailey then, and we didn’t, but Ethan and Ehlana got to spend a little time with Aiden; and Aunt Leanne was staying to help Uncle Adam and Aunt Deborah – especially since Aunt Deborah was getting so close to her own due date; and had been on her feet way too long today already.  I’ll take a wild guess that Aunt Leanne is going to have a long night, and probably take the day off from work tomorrow if she can.

Mom and Dad offered to bring Aiden home with us tonight, and I think he would have liked to do that, but he was spending the night with Hannah’s parents instead, so we were on our own when we walked home from there.  Since the twins weren’t exactly ready to sleep, Mom did a Magi lesson with all three of us while Dad took care of some work in the office before I helped her get them ready for bed and tucked in for the night.  I’ve been in my room since then, and it’s pretty much just been a standard study and computing night with just a little keyboard music time thrown in to help me wind down a bit.

My end-of-lunchtime conversation with Lisa is the main reason I’m not ready to sleep.  I really can’t be mad at her, but that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t hurt by a lot of the things she said, and now that I’ve had time to think about it more; it’s actually shocking to see and hear the dark side let loose when it’s coming from someone as kind and nice as Lisa.  I pretty much never think about it, but that kind of thing basically never happens in public in Witch Falls, and this was the first time I’d been on the receiving end of a private rant like that since moving here.  I’m sure that part of the reason for that is because Magi of the Light need to be trained from birth to keep as tight a control over our darker emotions to make sure we don’t lose control of our power; and it’s scary to think about what might happen if I ever lost it like Lisa did today.

I definitely don’t like what I can imagine in a scene like that, so I’ll just need to make sure that never happens.

It’s past-time for me to be sleeping, and though it will still be a while before I’m ready to pass out for a while; that’s all I have for my journal tonight, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!