Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Cassie's Journal - February 10, 2018



This triple-update is coming to you live from my Jacuzzi; and I’m multi-tasking my bedtime computing with the tub time so that I can still get to sleep reasonably-early after another very busy day.  I do have three days of news to cover, though; so let’s just get at it – starting with the news from my birthday.

First up for that, Mother Nature gave me some fairly-nice weather for early February; and we hit fifty degrees for a little while on Thursday afternoon – and it stayed warmer until the plunge back into the cold on Friday.  Michael came over for Tai Chi; stayed for my birthday breakfast; and then we eventually had a really good day at school that included a birthday lunch for me that even Ethan and Ehlana helped out with – and got in on with their friends; and really, pretty much every student in the cafeteria at the time.  After school, Michael and I were with Rowen and Tim to get our homework done; we split up to get ready for my birthday dinner at the Inn; and got back together for the walk there – along with my aunts, uncles, and a few other friends.

That dinner was really awesome, and Jacob and Jake put together a special meal for those of us who wanted to take a walk on the culinary wild side; and yes, there was a cake and some gifts for me to open.  I’m not going to say more about the gifts, since that isn’t what I love most about my birthdays, but I will assure you that there wasn’t a new car or anything else that was over-the-top kind of amazing – and that’s okay with me!  What I loved was the time with Michael and our families and friends, and while we had a time limit on the dinner because of game night; the party just moved on for me because Michael had invited our friends over to his house to keep that going on – and we had a lot of fun while the parents and younger kids played games at the Inn.

Teen parties around here are generally nothing like in the movies or what we hear about from other teens we know from other places, but even if we’re a bit too Mayberry for most teens; we had fun at my party – and don’t need ‘help’ to have fun.  Yes, I’m talking about things like alcohol and drugs, and while I won’t try to tell you that every teen in our area is a saintly innocent; I can tell you that no Magi kid messes around with either.  Yes, we can drink in moderation, and I have had glasses of wine or a cooler, but there are never any parties where teens get drunk or high; and that would be very bad for Magi teens if they tried and lost control of their talents!

Moving along, we played video games, watched music videos, and basically goofed-off until Jacob and Miranda got home; there was a wind-down hour or so until our friends headed home; and then Michael’s parents went to bed and we got started on our sofa sleepover – starting with a moderately-hot birthday make-out session!  We eventually went to sleep; got up in time for Tai Chi and breakfast for two; and then we were off and running again – starting with walking to school with the twins and a bunch of our friends.

Our last day of the school week was actually more-fun than my birthday because Michael and I got to spend half the day helping out with getting the gym ready for the Valentine’s dance.  Sure, a lot of work was involved, but we had fun together; and I’m glad we got to help out – especially since this will be the last high school dance for us – unless we become chaperones for dances sometime in the future.  Michael and I didn’t get to play all day – his parents needed us at the Inn for the dinner shift; thanks in part to all of the teen couples going there for a dinner date before the dance.  We worked from the time we got to the Inn from school until shortly-after the dance started.  Once Miranda set us free, we hurried home; split up to get showered and dressed for the dance; and then we managed to get there after only missing the first hour.

Once again, our school dances – like our parties – are not wild and crazy events.  We do have fun, though, and we even have our fair share of talented dancers.  Michael and I are competent; but won’t be auditioning for ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ anytime soon.  I loved getting to dance with him for a few hours; and then the highlights of the night for us were the two duets we were drafted for by our friends during the two karaoke sessions that the DJ fit into the music entertainment for the night.  We picked a couple of ballads; got lost in the music and each other for three or four minutes at a time; and even managed to share the love with our friends while doing that; so those are moments that I’ll definitely remember forever.

The dance wrapped up at one; Michael and I stayed to help with the clean-up; and you already know that I brought him home and kept him for another sofa sleepover.  We woke early for our breakfast shift at the Inn; I worked there until nine-thirty; came home and did chores for a lot of the rest of the day; and then I got ready for the dinner-to-close shift and was back at the Inn by four-thirty.  With Valentine’s Day coming up next week; we had a fairly-busy dinner rush, and Miranda and Stephanie have a group getaway too; so we were busy through until I was sent home at nine o’clock.  They weren’t quite ready to close the Inn, but I apparently looked worn out; so Michael was ordered to leave me alone and make me come home and go to bed early.

I’d have done that if they’d sent him home with me; but I digress! ;^)

Since having a bit more Michael and me time was out of the question; I came home; had a visit with Mom, Dad, and the twins; and then I came up to my room and pretty much straight into my Jacuzzi.  I’m using a time phase to have a long soak and I got some family business work done too; and that’ll still allow me to be asleep with time to actually get some rest before we’ll be up and going again to get ready for church in the morning.  The only news left to add would be about the weather again.  After the warm day on Thursday, it got colder starting Friday morning and going downhill from there.  We’ve had a dusting or two of snow, but nothing major – and that’s actually starting to bother the farmers around here – the lack of snow or rain this winter.  The cold hasn’t been a problem for me, since I’ve been indoors most of the last two days; and I’m mostly noting it because this has been an odd winter for the rapid changes from warm to cold – and having that happen over and over again.

Okay, that’s pretty much it for today, so I’m going to wrap this up; enjoy a bit more time in the tub; and then go cuddle with Mandy and get some sleep.  We’ve had a really great past few days; I am so blessed to have such an awesome family and such wonderful friends; and I am going to cherish every moment I get to have with them this year while I can; since I really won’t get to do that nearly-enough once we head off to college for the next five years.

I don’t want to go there tonight, though, and I’m ready to get focused on the soaking in the Jacuzzi thing now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!