Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Cassie's Journal - April 15, 2017



I’ve just finished helping out with playing Easter Bunny, and while it’s not that late right now; I need to get to sleep soon because I’ll be up early again so I can be at church in time for the sunrise service warm-ups with the teen praise team.

Saturday morning started very early too; Michael and I left everyone else sleeping while we got ready for work and headed to the Inn; and then we spent the next few hours working hard to keep up with the holiday weekend breakfast buffet rush.  Those customers included my family because Mom and Dad decided to feed their camping gang at the Inn instead of cooking up a storm for everyone at home.  I was able to join in on a bit of that fun; but only because they were in my area of the dining room.  I didn’t work the entire breakfast buffet, since it was going on until nearly-eleven, but I was busy all morning because I went from the Inn to the park for the third-annual Easter Egg hunt.

Mom and Dad had a gang of kids with them at the park too, but also had lots of parental support – including from Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne.  The Eater Egg adventure was even bigger and better than last year; and the kids had a blast hunting for the eggs and then enjoying the rest of the fun that included a kid-rated and Easter-themed stage show and other games and activities ranging from face-painting to crafts.  There were also treats and drinks available, and while I didn’t get to play much because I was one of the volunteers; I did have a lot of fun anyway until it was time for me to get back to the Inn to help out with the three dinner buffet sittings they were having at noon, three, and six o’clock.

Michael and I were able to take a couple of breaks during the rest of the day, but the buffets were all sold out; it was an all-hands-on-deck day; and we didn’t take as much time off as we should have because Miranda and Jacob needed all of the extra help they could get.  I’m not complaining – especially since I did pretty well on tips today!  I’m also worn out; so let’s finish this up so I can head into nap mode.  While we weren’t booked to work until close, Michael and I did do that because we wanted to help out so that everyone could get home a bit earlier than they would have without the help.  It was still going on ten by the time we locked up and headed for Michael’s house.  I stopped in there for a bedtime cuddle, but while a sofa sleepover was very tempting; we both needed to be in our own homes tonight – or risk having the Easter Bunny miss leaving treats for one or both of us.  We didn’t want that; so I came home by eleven o’clock; had a bedtime visit with Mom and Dad while we played Easter Bunny; and I’ve only done the basic bedtime computing since climbing into bed with Mandy.

There wasn’t any must-do family business work that can’t wait until tomorrow night, so once I’m done with this report; I’m good to go for a short Easter nap.  We’re going to have a very busy morning at church with two services and the pancake breakfast between the services, but we also get the day off from the Inn and have a second family day to look forward to as well; so I’m really looking forward to all of the holiday fun that will be starting for some of us in just a handful of hours.

The clock is ticking on that, though, and I really should get to sleep soon; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!