Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Cassie's Journal - August 31, 2016



The last hour of the month is winding down fast as I begin writing this report, and with it; the end of our summer holidays truly feels imminent.

As I think about that, I’m not at all sad about getting started on our school year.  There is a lot to look forward to with the start of our third year of high school.  Having Ethan and Ehlana at the school with us when they’re in Kindergarten in the mornings won’t really affect me much, but I am glad that we’ll be at the school at the same time for a couple of years before I head off to college.  What I’m really looking forward to with getting back to school is getting to spend time with Rowen and Tim every day again – and the rest of our friends.  Sure, that’s been better since football and cheerleading camps started, but we’re all still too busy doing our own things with work and other commitments to spend much extra time together.  Next week, we’ll have classes together every day; homework to do together whenever we can; and, hopefully, more chances to hang out together when we’re not all too busy to do that.  I’ll still have a crowded schedule, but need to work on that too; so we’ll see what I can do about making a bit more time for having fun with Michael and our friends this year.

Don’t laugh – it could happen! ;^)

Okay, I don’t want to be awake doing this for long; so let’s get to the news of the day.

We’ve had a decent weather day, and while we did have a sprinkle or two of rain and a couple of cloudy hours this morning and afternoon; it was a nice summer day for outdoor fun.  For me, that included Tai Chi by the river; cheerleading practice all morning; and a play and work afternoon.  I don’t have anything newsworthy to write about from the home and cheerleading time, but we had our lunch break with Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and the kids; brought the food with us; and had a nice visit that included getting to have some cuddle time with Faith while her Mom and Dad got to enjoy another catered meal.  I do mean that about catered meals; and their family and friends have been taking turns do that for them this week.  That has the added bonus of keeping the visits to small groups that are spread out a bit; while still giving them time without gangs of visitors around.

That has partially ended today, since Grandma Mercy and Grandpa Duncan are here now; and will be staying through the holiday weekend.  I haven’t seen them yet, but they were on the way here by lunchtime; and would’ve been here in time for dinner.  My baseball practice was the main reason why I didn’t see them; though they didn’t go to the park to watch the co-ed practice either because they got to babysit Faith instead while Uncle Mark went to that practice; took Caleb with him; and they all let Aunt Grace have a nap that she needed a lot by then.

I’m not skipping the afternoon news; so let’s back up and cover that.  Mom and I took care of the lunch clean-up at the Everett’s house; we rounded up some cousins and friends on the way home; and then I split my afternoon between helping Mom with kid control and chores.  We now know for sure that most of the out-of-town Proctor and Rice clans will be here for sure for the weekend; and we get the Rice family at our house while Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne take the Proctors so they’ll be next door to Faith.

By the way, I’m sure that the Everetts will be in for an entire series of jokes that will be centered around having Grace and Faith in their family and home – not to mention that they’ll have Mercy too whenever Grandma’s in the house!  I love it that they’re carrying on that tradition for daughters that goes back generations with Grandma Mercy’s side of the family.

Moving along, we played at the park for an hour; went for a swim after that; and then I helped about half of the kids to play in the gardens with me to help with getting them ready for the weekend.  That was mostly some weeding and watering the plants; with the watering part of the job turning into a water fight that also helped with hosing the kids down after they got dirty from the work.  We went for another swim after that; the kids had a snacks and drinks break in the sunroom; and I helped out with making dinner while Ethan and Ehlana took care of entertaining our cousins with help from Naomi and Aiden.  We kept most of the kids for dinner; I helped out with kid control while we ate and then took care of the clean-up; and then it was time to split up for our baseball practices at the school and park.

Rowen picked me up for that; we had a long final practice with our team; and then we met up with Michael and Tim at the park; brought a handful of kids home with us; and went swimming while Mom and Dad went to Sheldon’s for a drink with some of their team mates and other friends.  For all of the parents of the kids we had with us, that really was just for one drink and a bit of fun; and then they came back here and either collected their kids and went home or went into the office and got started on their work homework.  Ehlana and Ethan kept Naomi and Aiden, but they also went to bed then – though they all hung out in Ehlana’s room for a while first.

Tim and Rowen went home to her house then too, but Michael stayed for a while; and we had a minor make-out session in the lounge before he needed to go home and get some sleep.  I really wanted to keep him tonight, but needed to do some family business work instead; and picked being responsible over having fun.

That just proves that a Magi Master can be both brilliant and an idiot! ;^)

Let’s not dwell on that; or I’ll be tempted to sneak down the back stairs and over to Michael’s house.

After I saw Michael out, I came up to my room and got ready for bed – starting with a soak in my Jacuzzi.  The only way to do that and all of the work without staying awake most of the night was to use a time phase; so I did that and multi-tasked the tub time with the family business work.  That is always tough to do after a long, busy day, but I did get the work done; and will still be sleeping before September starts – if I don’t drone on while writing this update.

I can skip the non-news that I haven’t written about yet and don’t need to take another look at the near-future when you can flip a digital page to find out what happens next as you read this in my more-distant future; so I guess that I can wrap this up right now and head off to dreamland.

Hopefully our September will be as much fun as August has been – though I’d be okay if we can do that with a bit less work – as unlikely as that suggestion is for becoming a reality in my life.  No work or even being conscious is an option for my immediate future, though, and I’m ready to go there; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!