Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cassie's Journal - August 18, 2016



I’ve been busy since my last update!

Lunch at home yesterday wasn’t anything newsworthy, but then Rowen and I headed out to Quarry Lake with tents and gear to get set up at the group campground that Roger’s parents had booked for us to use.  We spent an hour and a half or so doing that, including helping with other work once our tents were set up.  Once that was dealt with, we had time to play for a little while, so Rowen and I climbed the rock wall and took rides on the zip line; we went swimming with some of our friends; and then we headed back to town in time for me to help out at the Inn ahead of our ball practice while Rowen had dinner with her family at the store and did some work there too while waiting for our practice – and while Tim was busy anyway.

The work at the Inn wasn’t too tough; the ball practice was long and tough because we have a game on Saturday; and that’s why I only had time to help with the last hour or so of the clean-up at the Inn by the time I made it there and was personally clean-enough to help out.  Michael and I split up to get showered and changed before getting a ride out to Quarry Lake.  Rebecca did that for us; and then we were able to join the birthday campfire fun already in progress.  We had a lot of fun with that; stayed up too late; and then spent some quality time making out in our tent before eventually crashing and having a nap before needing to wake up at dawn for Tai Chi by the lake.

That was a great way to start the day; breakfast was fun, but the food was largely forgettable; and then Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I needed to pack up and catch a ride back to town.  For the boys, that was so they could be at the park in time for their football workout; Rowen needed to be at the store; and I was home in time to head over to the lab with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana for the morning.  I was in the archives with Ethan for most of that time; managed to get a fair bit of family business work done; and ended up doing a Magi lesson with Ethan to teach him something he’d been reading about in the archives while I’d been busy with my work.

We went home for lunch; I ended up mowing the lawn after that to get ahead of the weekend work; and then I had time to play with Michael while he was on his afternoon break before we both got cleaned up and I met up with him at the Inn for the dinner-to-close shift.  Unlike last night, the dinner shift today was a bit too busy; and we had to work our tails off to keep up with the extra customers on a short-staffed night.  There was also extra work to do to be ready for the breakfast buffet that Miranda and Jacob are putting on in the morning for the shoppers; so it was heading toward ten-thirty by the time we were done.

Oh yeah – the annual back-to-school shopping trip is tomorrow! ;^)

How time flies when you’re having fun.  I honestly haven’t really thought much about it at all this week; though it was part of the girl chat last night around the campfire.  It’s a good thing that Mom and Aunt Leanne have everything under control; since we do have another large group heading for Crystal Springs tomorrow.  That was something that they finalized tonight while I was busy working; and they got together for dinner too while doing that.  I would have loved the play time with the twins and my cousins, but Miranda needed me more; and I expect to keep missing out on some of the family and friends fun while helping out at the Inn – especially when Michael and I will both be needing Friday nights off starting next week.

I need to move this along; since I should be getting all of the sleep I can to be ready for all of that shopping.  Michael and I did our goodnight hugs and kisses on his front porch after his parents and sister wished me a good night and headed inside.  Since we both need to be up early, we didn’t drag that out; and then I came home and had a nice little bedtime chat with Mom while she wrapped up some work she was doing in the office.  Ethan and Ehlana were in bed by then, but I stopped in their rooms for goodnight kisses on my way up to bed.

I needed another quick shower, so I took care of that; got ready for bed; and have just been doing a quick email and computer check before getting to this report.  There isn’t any news to add from any of that; though I did deal with one bit of family business work too.  I should also mention that I’ve been doing everything from the shower to this update in a time phase to get it all done while still having a chance to be sleeping before midnight for a change.  It’s funny that I was doing so well with that for a lot of the time this summer; but have totally blown it this week.

Note to me – work on that for this fall.  I really don’t want to go back to only having two and three-hour naps every night!

Okay, it’s time to get to the sleeping now.  Even with all of the work, this has been a really good day following a really great night of camping and fun with Michael and most of our friends.  The shopping trip is going to be amazing too, but I’ll go over that with my next update.  For now, that’s all I have; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!