Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Cassie's Journal - August 24, 2016



We had some thunderstorms before dawn this morning; and more again tonight; but rain didn’t get in the way of our daytime activities.

My day started out with Tai Chi by the river, and while it was still a bit wet out thanks to the storm; it was still nice to be out by the river for that workout- even though Michael couldn’t join us today.  He was working the breakfast shift for as long as he could before football practice; so I didn’t even get to see him much before we were both busy with our respective practices.  Since we already had our squad picked, Jenny had us get right into working up the cheers and routines we’ll need for the game on Friday; and Rowen and I led that effort.  Jenny only did a short warm-up and round of exercises; we spent an hour split up into two groups to work on those routines; and then we spent the rest of the morning learning the cheers and routines she liked best.  I was surprised when she called it a day at lunchtime and gave us the afternoon off, but while I’d have preferred to work all afternoon too; her decision was popular with everyone else – including Rowen.

With Michael busy at football camp, I decided to go to the Inn after getting cleaned up; and Miranda was happy to add me to the crew for lunch and the afternoon.  She’s having a tough time this week with being short-staffed thanks to football and cheerleading every day; so I was glad to help her out when I had the unexpected chance to do that.  Jenny could have done the same, but I soon found out from Rebecca that we were given the afternoon off because she’s spending the rest of the day – and likely the night – at Quarry Lake with Evan.  He is heading off to college, but doesn’t start until September; and apparently gets a nice bonus for working through to the Labor Day weekend.

I don’t have anything newsworthy to report from my time at the Inn, but I ended up working through the afternoon except for a mid-afternoon break that Rebecca and I took together; and then we worked on the dinner prep line until it was time to get to our ball practice.  Michael was there for a while too, but he really only had time to eat and do a bit of cleaning before his ball practice; and he was already pretty much wiped out before heading to the park.

Rowen met up with Rebecca and me at the school; we had a pretty good practice with our team; and then two out of three of us headed for the park to meet up with our boyfriends while Rebecca went back to the Inn to see if her parents needed help with the close.  Michael had been told not to do that, so I went home with him for a while; and Rowen took Tim home to his house because he was wiped out and really sore by then too.  I can’t help him out with that, but I could help Michael again – and did.  I’m glad that I could do that, but it also tired me out a lot after an already too-busy day, so we had a bit of cuddle time until his parents and sister got home from the Inn; and then I came home to get started on my bedtime work.

The storms had started by then, so I got fairly soaked just with that little run home; and only stopped in the office to say goodnight to everyone on my way up to my Jacuzzi.  I really needed a soak in the tub by then; multi-tasked that with family business work; and did everything while in a time phase right up until now.  There wasn’t any other way to do everything and still be sleeping in decent time; but that’s also used up pretty much every scrap of energy I had left in me tonight.

Sleeping is now at the top of my to-do list; there isn’t anything else I absolutely need to write about now; and I’m way-past ready to crash even if there was; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!