Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Cassie's Journal - August 19, 2016



I’m tired; so let’s try to keep this short tonight – if that’s possible for a shopping day in the city update!

My day started early, and since I was awake earlier than expected; I got ready for the day; headed over to the Inn; and helped out with the prep work for the breakfast buffet.  Jacob was happy for the extra help; and spending that time with Michael was pretty good too.  I did head out into the dining room when it was time to join Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana for breakfast; and ended up at a table with Rowen, the twins, Naomi, and Aiden while Mom was busy with Aunt Leanne and some of the other Moms.  That meal was a blast of fun and good food; and then it was time to saddle up and hit the road for the city!

Our group of shoppers was a bit smaller than last year, but we still had more than one-hundred and forty adults, teens, and kids in a total of thirty-two vehicles – including the teen drivers and their friends’ groups.  Rowen and I were together, but we didn’t have our boyfriends with us today because Michael and Tim both needed to work.  The trip to Crystal Springs wasn’t newsworthy, though Rowen and I had fun with Rebecca and the rest of our travel buddies.

Once we were at the Mall, it was every small group of shoppers for themselves as we fanned out and got started on the hunt for best sales and back-to-school gear.  Rowen and I shopped together all day, but did that with different groups – including an hour or so with Rebecca and Jenny.  We spent more time with Mom, the twins, and their group – including having lunch with them; and eventually being part of the gang that went to Wal-Mart for a round of supply shopping that included both school supplies and the normal supplies that we pick up whenever we’re in the city.

News flash for me – Ethan and Ehlana were being outfitted for going to school in September!

Okay, that isn’t news for me, but it was more-real for me today; and it still somehow doesn’t seem possible that they’re starting Kindergarten in just a bit over two weeks from now.  That is particularly amusing when you consider that they will be the only kids in their class being home-schooled as they work on their Master’s degrees; but even teen Magi Masters have to deal with normal, human perceptions like this.  Ethan and Ehlana are growing up on me; and I’ll just have to deal with it!

Moving along, Rowen and I picked up about three-quarters of our fall wardrobe; most of our school supplies; and a handful or two of gifts that we’ll need over the next couple of months.  We also had fun playing dress-up with Ehlana and Naomi, but mostly tried to stay away from doing that with Ethan and Aiden; since Aiden finds that a bit weird and usually ends up blushing a lot when we do that.  The two boys, by the way, managed to survive the shopping trip without too much mental scarring; and Ethan only has three new outfits that match Ehlana!

We headed over to Wal-Mart at three-thirty; spent nearly two hours there; and then Dad met up with us after he was finished for the day so that he could help out by hauling most of that stuff back home in his truck.  Dinner was fast food to go; and we came straight home without stopping for any shopping in town.  I helped Rebecca with getting her purchases in the house; we both helped Mom and Dad with unloading the van and truck; and then we headed over to the Inn to help out with the rest of the dinner-to-close shift.  By then, that mostly meant helping with the clean-up; though Rebecca did that while working the dining room while I worked with Michael in the kitchen.

That meant that we didn’t get to any of the sales in town, but we’ll survive – and there’s always the holiday sales to check out on the Labor Day weekend!

It was a bit after ten o’clock by the time we closed the Inn; I went home with Michael so that we could have some cuddle time before we needed to split up to get some sleep; and then I came home at a bit after eleven.  Mom, Dad, and the twins were all in bed by then; so I only stopped in for kisses with Ethan and Ehlana; and didn’t try to bother our parents.  Yes, that can get weird, but then I also always know when not to walk in on them at a bad time! ;^)

Moving along – again; there isn’t actually much more to report.  I took care of putting my new clothes away; got ready for bed; and only did a quick email and computer check before getting to this update.  There wasn’t any family business work that couldn’t wait for tomorrow or later; so I didn’t bother with doing anything extra tonight.  We’re going to have a busy work weekend, but I also have the baseball game tomorrow night; and Tim’s birthday is on Sunday.  Michael and I will have to work on Sunday too, and while that won’t leave us much time to celebrate with Tim; we’ll do the best we can to help make his special day a good one.

I will have weekend chores to get to in the morning, and I’m pretty much just rambling now anyway; so let’s call it a night.  We’ve had a really good day; and I especially loved getting to spend all of that time with Rowen.  We haven’t been able to hang out as much as normal this summer; and I’m glad that we’ll be able to do that more as we get ready to go back to school over the next two weeks.

That’s news that I can write about as it happens, though, and I really am ready to get some sleep now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!