Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Cassie's Journal - August 10, 2016



It’s been another scorcher around here today; I’m cooked, baked, or whatever else you want to call it; and this is going to be a short report.

Tai Chi by the river and breakfast were fun and uneventful.  I worked all morning on chores and family business jobs with Mom while Ethan and Ehlana spent one last morning at the lab with Violet and Dillon.  Some of my chores included prep work for the going away dinner for Violet and Dillon; but some of that work needed to wait until later in the afternoon – which is why Michael and I stayed close to home during his afternoon break.  The too-hot afternoon had something to do with that too; though we did go swimming with the twins, Naomi, and Aiden a couple of times to go along with some indoor play time that kept us all cool for a while.

The heat had Mom deciding to have the dinner party in the dining room; but that was easier for me than setting up the back yard with tables and chairs would have been if the party had been outside instead.  I took care of that job along with helping Mom with all of the cooking, but I didn’t get to stay for the dinner because it wasn’t starting until I needed to be at the school for my ball practice.  I wish I could have done both, but that wasn’t an option; so I went to the practice and wished I was at home instead.  Missing out on the meal was just part of that, since I wanted to spend the time with Violet and Dillon too, but it wasn’t a lot of fun playing baseball with temperatures hovering around one-hundred and ten; and that had a lot to do with why we didn’t have a full team there to work with tonight.

Rowen and I did meet up with Michael and Tim after our practice and we went for a swim; but then Michael headed for the Inn to help with the rest of the close; and I came home to get cleaned up and ready for bed.  I did at least have my family business work finished, so I was able to get away with the basic email and computer checks before starting this update.  Mom, Dad, and the twins are home from the park and co-ed ball practice now too, and Ethan and Ehlana stopped in to say goodnight and pretend to tuck Mandy and me into bed instead of getting me to do that with them; but I wasn’t quite ready to call it a night when they did that.  Violet and Dillon are still out and hanging out with his family tonight, so I probably won’t get to talk to them until we have breakfast in the morning; but I don’t plan on waiting up for them to get back just to spend a few minutes with them tonight.

It’s hard to believe that they’ll be gone in the morning – and away for another school year except for holiday visits, but we’re out of time again; and it’ll only be another couple of days before Jake, Stephanie; Josiah, Christina, and quite a few of our favorite collegians will be heading out too.  That’s going to mean more work for us at the Inn without our college workers, and I’m going to help out more where I can; but let’s not worry about that until the weekend.

For right now, I’m tired, and have had enough fun for one day; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!