Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Cassie's Journal - April 9, 2016



Happy 13th Birthday, Patrick!

I have to start this update by mentioning that it feels strange to think of Rowen’s little brother as a teen now.  Patrick wouldn’t appreciate that at all, and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne will find this amusing; but it’s still going to be a while longer before I start thinking of Patrick the same way I do about other teens.  Since admitting that to Patrick would have been a lousy birthday gift; Michael and I got together with Rowen and Tim and got him a quadcopter instead.  I haven’t talked to him much today, but have heard the quadcopter flying around today; so I’m fairly sure he likes the gift.

Patrick has been having a fairly large birthday party today too; which is why Rowen is spending the night here with me instead of at home with a gang of mostly seventh-grade guys.  There are girls at the party too this year; but they won’t be spending the night – and to be blunt; Rowen didn’t want to be there with a gang of twelve and thirteen-year old boys drooling all over her.  Rowen and Tim helped out with the start of Patrick’s party and stayed until after the dinner clean-up was finished; but then they both came over here to hang out with Michael and me for a couple of hours – or with both of us once Michael got here from the Inn after the dinner rush was over.  The boys have gone home now and Rowen’s already fallen asleep while cuddling with Mandy; so it feels a bit weird to be writing this before midnight when we’ve had a teen evening in the lounge on a Saturday night.  I’d add scary too when you consider that the teen party going on at Rowen’s house won’t likely wrap up until one o’clock or so; and I have no idea how late the guys will stay up after that playing video games or doing whatever.

Michael had been up since before dawn, though, and Rowen and Tim had both had long, busy days too; so wrapping up our day early was simply because we were all tired – and they boys weren’t booked for a sleepover here tonight too.  I suppose we could have done that, but we’re saving up so that we’ll be able to do that kind of thing – and a lot of camping – this summer.  Too many sofa sleepovers might mess with that; so we’re not going to risk it – especially when this should be another best-ever-so-far summer for us! ;^)

I don’t really have much else to report today.  Tia Chi was indoors this morning, and while it did warm up a bit eventually; it was still a bit on the cool side for our yard work this morning too.  It is that time of year, though, and in addition to the regular work around the year; we’re also starting to get everything ready for the new patio that will be the new outdoor entertainment area for our home to replace the back porch that is now our sunroom.  Professionals will do the heavy lifting for most of that job; but there are things that Dad’s doing to get ready – including moving a couple of gardens that are currently where parts of the new patio will be.  That isn’t very exciting for me right now; but I’m sure we’ll all love the new landscaping this summer – and for a lot of years to come after that!

We worked until stopping for a late lunch; I spent a couple of hours with Michael during his afternoon break; and then I was at home for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  Dinner for five was quiet and an easy meal and clean-up because none of us wanted to do any extra work.  I had some play time with Ethan and Ehlana in the lounge while waiting for Michael, Rowen, and Tim to come over; and then they went to hang out with Mom and Dad so that we’d have the teen time without them this week.  The couple of hours with my friends was fun, and though Rowen did fall asleep on me; we had a nice little girl chat before she crashed – and it’s been too long since we’ve done that too.  I’ll add that to my list of things that I won’t have time for; and then bring it up again the next time we get around to spending a bit of time together without the boys around.

Rowen needs to go home in the morning to help her mother with breakfast for Patrick and his buddies, and I’ll be at Michael’s for breakfast after Tai Chi; so I’d better wrap this up and get to sleep too.  This hasn’t been one of those best-ever kind of days, but it has been pretty good; and I’d say the past couple of days have been good for me since I only feel really tired instead of exhausted.

That isn’t saying much, but it’s a bit of progress; so maybe there’s hope that I’ll work through all of the too-busy and be okay after all without a major intervention from my family and friends. ;^)

I’ll keep you posted on how that works out for me, but that’s it for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!