Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!***

Cassie's Journals have now come to an end with the start of the Magi Ascension storyline on June 15, 2018! Ethan and Ehlana will now be taking over the Heirs of the Magi daily updates as Cassie prepares to move on to college - and you can read all about her story by picking up a copy of Magi Ascension - Part One! Ethan's and Ehlana's roles in the Ascension of the Light is just beginning now too; so their journals will offer a different perspective on the events going on at home while Cassie is away at college!

Happy reading this summer; and I hope that you enjoy this new 'chapter' in the Heirs of the Magi story!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Cassie's Journal - April 27, 2016

Welcome home, Grandma and Grandpa!

That’s the top story for our family today; so I guess that’s it and I can call it a night! ;^)

Okay, not quite, but I do need to get to sleep soon thanks to a very long, busy day; and will try and keep this short.

It’s been wet off and on today, but unlike the luck we had with band practice last night; that didn’t work out for Tai Chi today.  We were indoors for that; and it was still raining when we walked to school this morning.  Our school day was fairly standard for a Wednesday; and then I went home with Jessica to do our first saxophone lesson while Michael was busy at the Inn with the dinner rush.  First lessons on wind instruments can be scary, and this one was no exception, but Jessica did inherit the music talent from her family; she can read music; and did a great job tonight.  There’s no doubt that Michael and I can help her to be ready for a spot on the marching band by September; so the addition of some lessons to my schedule will be worth it.

After doing Jessica’s lesson, I went home to find a family dinner cook-fest in progress.  Mom had Grandma and Aunt Leanne helping with that, and Aunt Leanne left work early to lend a hand while Grandpa was put on kid-control and entertainment duty.  That can be a full-time job with Zack these days; and today was one of those days.  He was definitely fired up to see his grandparents again and was bouncing off the walls.  I was drafted for the work crew so that Grandma could be traded to the kid-control crew; and that kept me busy through until we sat down for dinner after Dad and Uncle Adam got home from work.  Grandpa provided most of the dinnertime entertainment with some travel stories, and while I was on kid control while we ate; I did get to spend a bit of time talking with Grandma and Aunt Leanne while doing that – and we all had fun with the stories.  The post-dinner clean-up crew included fathers and teens, so I was busy with that for a while; and then it was time to get to work – even though I’d have rather spent the evening with my grandparents and the rest of our family.

Dad had work to do too, so we grabbed drinks and went into the office.  I put up a time phase around the house so that even the play time could be extended; and then Dad and I both got to work.  I did my homework first; moved on to the family business work; followed that up with language studies; and wrapped up with a final round of computer and email checks.  Thanks to the time phase, my cousins and grandparents were worn out by then, so I was in on the goodbye hugs and kisses as they – and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne – headed home.  I was ready to call it a night by then too, so I came up to my room; got ready for bed; and have been snuggling with Mandy for as long as it’s taken me to write this report.

I’m nearly ready to head into nap mode, but let’s cover a few details from today that I wasn’t involved with at all.  First up – Mom did some work around Grandma and Grandpa’s house this morning before they got home.  She had Ethan and Ehlana spend the morning at KidZone with their friends so she could do that; and then did some shopping for the food she needed for our dinner tonight.  She took Zack and Brianna home with her too when she picked up the twins; so she had all of them with her for the grandparent welcoming committee when they got back early this afternoon.  Unloading the van apparently took a while after more than three months away from home; though they didn’t try to unpack very much before heading over to our house to get started on the dinner prep work.  That all added up to a very busy day for Mom, which is why she’s happily soaking in her Jacuzzi while I’m writing this.  Since she also has her wards up around the room, I’ll guess she’s getting help with that; but let’s not take that train of thought any further.

I’m sure my thoughts of skipping game night tomorrow and bringing Michael home with me for some studying and make-out time just now is only a coincidence! ;^)

That is a nice thought to head off into dreamland with, though, and that’s all of the news for today anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!