Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, April 15, 2016

Cassie's Journal - April 15, 2016



I guess that the top news for today is that the first deadline for our fruit and vegetable boxes fundraiser orders was today; and we beat our target for that.  Helping out with that is one of my jobs with the committee, and I spent some time working on that while at school.  The full order has been placed now; and the boxes will be delivered to the school two weeks from today so that we can then deliver them to our customers.  That’s all being done through the grocery store, and the Bassetts are making a huge commitment to the band by doing this – especially when they’re not only pretty much selling the boxes to us at cost; but they’re also losing out on the sales they’d normally have had for those fruits and vegetables if we weren’t doing this fundraiser.

While that was the big story at school today, it’s tax day that is most important elsewhere in town – and everywhere else in the country too.  The deadline for that this year is on Monday, but that still means that pretty much everyone that is involved in tax returns in a big way has been busy today – and will be all weekend.  That’s definitely why Rowen was working at the store tonight, and will be on Saturday and Sunday too; and I don’t expect to see her a lot between now and Monday.  Michael helped out with the dinner shift at the Inn today too; and that was partially related to tax day because they were busier than usual with more people in town dealing with taxes – as well as other jobs while they were in town anyway.

I don’t have anything to deal with for that right now; though taxes are always part of my work on the family business.  Instead of working tonight, though, I was home and having fun playing with my family and some of our friends.  We hosted a barbeque dinner, but I was on kid control before and during dinner; and only had to help out with the clean-up.  Ethan and Ehlana have Aiden and Naomi here for the night, and they were at the house by the time I got home from school; so I played with them – and then with all of my home-town cousins once they joined the party with their parents.  That was a blast, and so was having dinner with them in the back yard – though that got a bit messy too.  It was too cold to just dunk them in the river to clean them up; so we had to deal with that in the kitchen – and that included some outfit changes where washing up wasn’t enough.

The clean-up didn’t take long, and then we went to the park for some play time.  That was a blast too, and even more fun for me when Michael met up with us there and caught the tail-end of the playground action.  It was time to split up after that, so Mom and Dad only had six kids and teens with them when they went to do some work in the office.  Dad’s going to be in the city next week, so he has a lot to get done this weekend.  Michael and I took my brother, sister, and their friends up to the lounge; and we watched a kids-choice movie to wrap up our day.  Michael was past-ready to wind down by then, so we mostly just cuddled on the sofa and let the movie and the kids keep us entertained for a couple of hours.

Michael needed to go home after that because he’s working the breakfast shift at the Inn.  We took care of getting Ethan, Ehlana, Aiden, and Naomi tucked in for the night – though they didn’t go straight off to sleep.  I saw Michael out after that; had a very short bedtime chat with Mom and Dad in the office; and then came up to my room and got ready for bed.  Mandy’s currently hanging out with Naomi or Ehlana, so I’m on my own in my bed; but she’ll likely come back up here later.  I won’t be awake by then, and since I didn’t have anything extra to do tonight for the family business; my computer and email checks didn’t take very long – and there isn’t anything newsworthy to write about from any of that.  I am going to have a busy Saturday with chores and a dinner shift at the Inn, though, and now that I don’t have hours of work to still get done tonight; heading into nap mode is an option that I plan on taking advantage of as soon as this update is finished.

It’s been a fun day, but that is all I have for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!