Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Cassie's Journal - April 18, 2016



Happy 49th Birthday, Jacob!

Happy Tax Day, everyone else! (Now that it’s over!)

Mother Nature decided to have a good cry today – possibly in support of anyone around here that had to send checks to the IRS along with their tax returns.  The rain kept us indoors for most of the day when we didn’t need to be out to get to and from school; and it kept Jacob’s birthday fun indoors for the day too.

Miranda didn’t have a problem with that, but then some of us don’t need to know why she felt that way; and I definitely don’t want to write about what Michael’s parents might have been doing instead of yard work while we were at school. ;^)

Jacob didn’t want to have a big party when a lot of their friends were busy working because of tax day; so we only had a family dinner – and Lucas and I were the only guests.  That wasn’t a gourmet meal, since Jacob had the day off from cooking and cleaning; but Miranda, Rebecca, and I managed to cook the meal without his help, and the birthday cake was from the Olde Bakery; so even though the food wasn’t up to Jacob’s normal amazing fare; the dessert was great!  That couple of hours of fun included a video chat with Jake and Stephanie, and it was the highlight of the day for me; but then Michael, Rebecca, Lucas, and I needed to sit down in the dining room and get our homework done.  Since we couldn’t speed that up tonight, it took a while to get that work finished; Michael and I followed that up with a music practice that his parents sat in on with us; and then we had a bedtime visit with them before I came home for the night.

With Dad in the city, Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana had spent their rainy evening working and studying in the office; and they were ready to head for bed by the time I got back.  We had a bedtime snack and chat; I helped out with getting the twins tucked in for the night; and then I came up to my room to get started on my own work and studying.  I used a time phase for that; which is the only reason I’m not writing this update at four or five in the morning.  I am wearing down now from the effort, though; and that’s why I’m not going to drag this out much longer.  I should back up and cover a few other details from the day, though; so let’s do that before I call it a night and crash.

We were up early to see Dad on his way to the city; Ethan, Ehlana, and I joined Mom in her bed for a nap once he was on the road; and then Tai Chi was indoors thanks to the rain that was already falling by then.  Michael went home after our workout to have a birthday breakfast with his parents and sister; so it was just the four of us for breakfast here.  I had lots of time to get ready for school; Rowen and I got rained on for the walk there; and then our school day was about as dull as the weather – especially where tax day was worked into our lessons.  That was to be expected for Accounting, and maybe for History too; but it’s a bit of a stretch to expect us to pretend that we’re being chased by IRS agents as a motivation to run faster in Phys-Ed class.

Rowen had to go and help out at the computer store after school again today, but she’ll be able to take a break starting tomorrow, and since we had Jacob’s birthday dinner tonight; Michael and I wouldn’t have been able to do anything with Rowen and Tim anyway.  I’ve already covered the highlights from after school until now, though I have skipped a lot of the fun little details – like Jacob’s birthday roasting that Jake in particular had fun with even though he had to do that from Europe and by video conference.

Speaking of him – and Stephanie; we’re now down to weeks until they’ll be home instead of months; and it was obvious tonight that Jacob and Miranda are really looking forward to having them home again – though they’ll still have one more school year away in New York before they’ll be home to stay.  I’m glad that they’ll be home soon too, but my excitement level is a bit muted because I don’t expect to spend a lot of time with them outside of working at the Inn; since we’ll all be busy with other, different things.  I’m getting used to that with my favorite collegians; and it’s just one more of those life changes that we all get to deal with while we’re at different stages.  That won’t change for Michael and me with his older brother and sister-in-law for quite a few more years; so let’s not get bogged down with that – or with having a minor pity party over something that we can’t really do anything about anyway.

I’m seriously rambling on now, though, and don’t really have anything to add to this report; so let’s just wrap this up and I’ll get started on some quality nap time.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!