Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Cassie's Journal - April 28, 2016



Happy 14th Birthday, Emma!

Michael and I were there for part of her lunchtime party, but we did not go to her dinner and party at the farm because we helped out at the Inn with the dinner rush instead while Rebecca was doing that with Lucas.  I’m sure she’s had a fun day; though I won’t hear the details until tomorrow morning – when her party is sure to be one of the top stories on the school grapevine.

Since I wasn’t having a lot of birthday party kind of fun, my day has been a bit boring by comparison.  My pre-school morning was uneventful; the bit of birthday fun we did have during our lunch break was about as entertaining as our day got thanks to some fairly dull thanks to the subject matter – not the teachers.  Michael and I went straight to the Inn and worked through until the kitchen clean-up was finished; and then we went to my house for the best part of our day – some alone time while my parents, brother, and sister were at the Inn with most of my family and our usual gang of game night enthusiasts.

Yes, there was definitely some make-out time while we had the chance, but we did our homework; had a music practice; and I did about half of my work and studying too before my family got home again.  A time phase was required to make that possible, but it was worth it; so I’ll just be quiet and deal with the exhaustion without complaining.  Michael stayed long enough for the update exchange, but then he went home; I helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; and then I came up to my room to finish my work while Mom and Dad went to do some work in the office.  I used a time phase again for that – and this update, but while I’m out of steam now; I did get everything done ahead of the weekend.  That included finishing up my studying for Dutch; so I’ll be able to move on to the next language in the list on Sunday or Monday night.

My talent for languages, by the way, is fairly special even for Magi Masters; though we all can and usually do learn multiple languages.  I can just learn them quite a bit faster; and can mimic the accents and dialects perfectly.  I’m not writing that to brag – it’s just a fact; like Mom’s talent for computers, Ehlana’s mind for science, or Ethan’s extraordinary ability to read and process information.

I don’t want to spend a lot of time on this update, since I am going to need to recover from too much time phasing today; so let’s just wrap this up.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day because it’s our first delivery day for the fruit and vegetable boxes.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I will be part of the work crew dealing with unloading the truck when it drops the boxes off; and then the distribution to follow.  We also have a truck, driver, and helper to get the boxes for the Maple Valley students to their school so they can deliver their orders too, and while we’re in charge of that this month; they’ll take a turn every other month for doing that run.  I’ll need to do my personal deliveries after school tomorrow, and I’ll likely do Michael’s too, since he’ll be at the Inn helping out there; but I’ll let you know how that goes.  I’m going to have a busy weekend after that with a major yard work day on Saturday because the new patio and driveway are now confirmed to be worked on next week; so we need to have everything ready for the crews to come in and get right to work.  Sunday will include at least the dinner buffet shift for me at the Inn, and I’ll have homework to get done too; but I’ll also try to have some open time available to spend with Grandma and Grandpa between church and my shift at the Inn – unless they’re too busy too.

That sounds like a bit too much work and not enough fun, but the fundraiser leads to an amazing trip to Florida; the yard work will be worth it for the new patio and driveway; and the work at the Inn is with four of the people I love most in the world so we’ll have fun even with the hard work.

Those are some good reasons for getting rested up to be ready for the weekend, though, and I don’t have anything else to add; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!